By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Meeting 2013 Discussion Thread! SEE THE FUTURE! PS4 incoming! NEW Yakuza and Atelier for PS4!? THE Last Guardian now an Orbis game!? Wallstreet Journal: Gaikai for BC!

@mugen

interesting a chubby little fellow then,is that touch pad in the middle,maybe that should be a little screen with touchpad at the bottom,the price is shooting up,lol

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
zuvuyeay said:
so we are getting some kind of fancier controller but still like a dualshock,i think i would be happy with this,i dont think they should go crazy here

Yep here's a mock up made by the user MYE at gaf

That's not bad, although i though the touchpad would be on the back like the Vita. I wonder if it will look anything like this. 

I think the placement will depend on the intended use for it. On the vita it's in the back as an additional control input. It has the touch screen to navigate. If the primary focus of the ps4 controller touch pad is to navigate, minor levels if input to games, editing the recorded videos etc I think it will be good to have it in the front. Sort of like a mouse like function. But yeah have to see what it will end up looking like

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

zuvuyeay said:
@mugen

interesting a chubby little fellow then,is that touch pad in the middle,maybe that should be a little screen with touchpad at the bottom,the price is shooting up,lol

hehe yep possibilities for various designs are there for sure..here's another mock up from a user name noisespurge at gaf

I think the best thing about a design like this compared to a touch screen controller the price will be much lower

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

I say use something similar to the Vita's d-pad but don't use the Vita's buttons. They're kind of uncomfortable to press compared to the dualshock buttons. Maybe if they made them larger and not so rigid. Also the buttons on Vita aren't pressure sensitive. If the hand grips were slightly longer, that would be good too, oh and the triggers should be changed. They should also keep the analog placement the same because that's how my thumbs are naturally placed. Having it inverted feels really awkward to me now. A longer lasting battery would be amazing.

M.U.G.E.N said:
the2real4mafol said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
zuvuyeay said:
so we are getting some kind of fancier controller but still like a dualshock,i think i would be happy with this,i dont think they should go crazy here

That's not bad, although i though the touchpad would be on the back like the Vita. I wonder if it will look anything like this. 

I think the placement will depend on the intended use for it. On the vita it's in the back as an additional control input. It has the touch screen to navigate. If the primary focus of the ps4 controller touch pad is to navigate, minor levels if input to games, editing the recorded videos etc I think it will be good to have it in the front. Sort of like a mouse like function. But yeah have to see what it will end up looking like

I guess it would add to what the D-pad does but be more percise, who knows, it could be for anything?

Does PS4 actually have a built in capture card? i never heard of this rumour before, but i remember hearing that the new Xbox was supposed to have this feature. It could be quite useful though. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
zuvuyeay said:
@mugen

hehe yep possibilities for various designs are there for sure..here's another mock up from a user name noisespurge at gaf

I think the best thing about a design like this compared to a touch screen controller the price will be much lower

thats more like a dualhsock,this would be good,i'm not really sure what a touchpad would be used for in actual games but maybe they can have fancier/more expensive controllers as peripherals its probably what i would do or a deluxe package,unless it is difficult to have separate effects for games where people don't own a deluxe controller,could you turn these things on/off like a rumble,lol

but yes no point with big expense if you are not going to utilise it

Above & Beyond

M.U.G.E.N said:
zuvuyeay said:

Not much impressive with white gloss, but certainly as far as how the description goes the mock up can indeed be the same. But black is way better.
EDIT- plus this looks way too big to game on.

TheKoreanGuy said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I say use something similar to the Vita's d-pad but don't use the Vita's buttons. They're kind of uncomfortable to press compared to the dualshock buttons. Maybe if they made them larger and not so rigid. Also the buttons on Vita aren't pressure sensitive. If the hand grips were slightly longer, that would be good too, oh and the triggers should be changed. They should also keep the analog placement the same because that's how my thumbs are naturally placed. Having it inverted feels really awkward to me now. A longer lasting battery would be amazing.

Yep agreed. Vita DPad HAS to be in..it's god like. Buttons yeah should be larger..and will be I'm sure. 

you bring up a good point about the battery..going for a touch pad and not a otuch screen will also mean = longer battery life. Very good point

@Pezus: :P I WISH out spurge was that good at things like that

@Zuv: I think it's important to have a similar standard in the controllers across the board. Having additional stuff like Move would be ok though for those who prefer it..I wonder if we will see an improved version of move with ps4. Also iirc it was Kotaku who said that the track pad is going to be clickable 

@the2real: yeah this is the first time I'm hearing that rumor in regard to the Orbis as well. If it's true they basically beat MS to the punch by announcing a feature that will prove to be VERY popular among gamers

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

zuvuyeay said:

thats more like a dualhsock,this would be good,i'm not really sure what a touchpad would be used for in actual games but maybe they can have fancier/more expensive controllers as peripherals its probably what i would do or a deluxe package,unless it is difficult to have separate effects for games where people don't own a deluxe controller,could you turn these things on/off like a rumble,lol

The deluxe controller is a Vita. With a touchpad implemented on the DualShock4, the Vita will navigate the same way and since it has full control options it is perfectly suited to be a controller option, maybe with additional functions, but definetly asynchronous gaming.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
zuvuyeay said:

The deluxe controller is a Vita. With a touchpad implemented on the DualShock4, the Vita will navigate the same way and since it has full control options it is perfectly suited to be a controller option, maybe with additional functions, but definetly asynchronous gaming.

thats a good point,they already have a deluxe one out,haha they beat us to it

Above & Beyond