By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo willing to help bring over third party 3DS titles overseas

Tagged games:

Finally, Iwata expressed openness in working with third-party developers in releasing their games overseas. Maybe they’ll give Square Enix a kick in the butt when it comes to Bravely Default?

"Recently, third-party software developers overseas have been inclined to focus on mega-hit titles for home consoles and have had less of their development studios develop software for handheld devices. Some developers, which make game content suitable for children, work on titles for Nintendo 3DS, but they are not as active as the time of Nintendo DS."

"On the other hand, as the handheld devices occupy a large share of the video game market and software for handheld devices is important in the video game business in Japan, Japanese software developers are eagerly assigning their top teams to develop key titles for Nintendo 3DS."

"We therefore plan to more actively support the Japanese software developers in distributing their key titles overseas this year."

"Among those third-party titles both developed and published in Japan, there have been some games which Nintendo published in Europe, including the Professor Layton series. We will increase the number of such games for the U.S. market as well as in Europe. We are also willing to flexibly assist third-party developers in distributing their valuable games overseas."

http://nintendoeverything.com/111723/nintendo-willing-to-help-japanese-third-parties-release-3ds-games-overseas/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network

Awesome news. Nintendo going above and beyond the call of duty. I guess they see what the problem is in the West.

Outside of Super Robot Wars, I'd appreciate Bravely Default and Dragon Quest VII.

Please do. Still mad about not getting Beyond the Labyrinth...

Seems like Nintendo got the message from its fans. The 3DS is going to have a very bright future.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

That game looked so interesting...

It probably would have made it over here if it had sold better in Japan...

Have a nice day...

RolStoppable said:
Really? People are saying that Square-Enix needs that support? They are big enough to stand on their own feet.

How about third parties like Atlus who have no European subsidary.

Well, Iwata himself didn't name any specific titles or companies. I'm pretty sure Square-Enix will bring Bravely Default over on their own.

Everyone jumps to Bravely Default because it's one of the "big" ones, but of course being one of the big ones means it's less likely to need outside help from Nintendo to be localized.

He does mention Europe and Layton, so maybe they're looking into Layton vs Ace Attorney over. Maybe some other Level-5 games like Fantasy Life or Inazuma Eleven or the upcoming Guild02 games. And maybe they're thinking about bringing Etrian Odyssey IV, SMT IV, or Soul Hackers to Europe for Atlus.

I doubt Nintendo can do all of that this year. But a little help to a small company like Level-5 or Atlus can go a long way.

forest-spirit said:

This.

I am really happy to hear this. With Nintendo's marketing and localisation powers, we could be in for a real treat here. My 3DS is looking like it'll have an amazing year. Maybe now we'll get those darn Atlus games in Europe.

Well, it's about god damn time! Great news for sure!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Bravely Default please, Nintendo. U.S. are suckers for RPGs! :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD