By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ZombiU HATED by - gamespot, gameinformer,egm, machinima, gametrailers, edge - LOVED by every NON-Mainstream source

Tagged games:

Woud you recommend ZombiU to a friend?

Yes. I own it. You should too. 114 75.50%

No. I regret having it. Stay away. 36 23.84%

Total:150
snyps said:

gergroy said:
------------
I thought the game was terrible, personally. Controls were absolutely horrible, which is one of the most annoying things to have in a horror game. Honestly, I think a lot of horror games make bad controls on purpose so they can artificially ramp up the suspense (like resident evil and not being able to move while you shoot).
I think most of the people that liked the game just really wanted to like the game. Or they still had the warm fuzzies from playing a new console.
------------
you realize this is slander? what standard control scheme has been deviated?

im telling you. the game puts me in a real survival instinct. i mean terrifying. perpetual in-game paralysis.

i request everyone ignore baseless comments.. i know i should have but i love a good head on collision

?? baseless comments??  How can my opinion be baseless??  I'm pretty sure the controls was a pretty common complaint in most of the reviews.  The game was hardly more terrifying than any other survival horror.  Of course, that is my opinion, you are certainly entitled to your own.  

Around the Network

gergroy said:

snyps said:

gergroy said:
------------
I thought the game was terrible, personally. Controls were absolutely horrible, which is one of the most annoying things to have in a horror game. Honestly, I think a lot of horror games make bad controls on purpose so they can artificially ramp up the suspense (like resident evil and not being able to move while you shoot).
I think most of the people that liked the game just really wanted to like the game. Or they still had the warm fuzzies from playing a new console.
------------

im telling you. the game puts me in a real survival instinct. i mean terrifying. perpetual in-game paralysis.

i request everyone ignore baseless comments.. i know i should have but i love a good head on collision

----------
?? baseless comments??  How can my opinion be baseless??  I'm pretty sure the controls was a pretty common complaint in most of the reviews.  The game was hardly more terrifying than any other survival horror.  Of course, that is my opinion, you are certainly entitled to your own.  
------------

i ask again.. what standard did the controls deviate from? your comment is based on nothing until you back it up.

gergroy said:

Here's a tip for you - saying "it's my opinion" doesn't protect you from being wrong, any more than a person saying "the world is flat, in my opinion" is any less wrong than if they'd said it without saying it's their opinion.

If you based your opinion on bad foundations, on false facts, then your opinion is still wrong. Essentially, such opinions are quite literally "baseless".

Tell me - if someone were to say "I don't like Super Mario Bros because it's a crappy RPG", would you consider that to be a valid argument? How about if they said "I don't like the Phoenix Wright games because they're a low quality FPS"?

Loved by me!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

gergroy said:
----------
The game was hardly more terrifying than any other survival horror.
----------

care to back up this comment aswell..?

Around the Network
snyps said:

gergroy said:
----------
The game was hardly more terrifying than any other survival horror.
----------

care to back up this comment aswell..?

I don't normally step into someone else's scuffle, but its not his argument, its his opinion, and so he doesn't need to 'back it up'. Why are you so aggressive on this? 

OT, survival horror is a fairly small genre in the overall game market. A wide spread of review scores is farily typical for these types of games, because often game review sites either don't have enough reviewers to dedicate to their genre of choice, or just don't have the time/care to do so. So you get people reviewing games outside of a genre they prefer, and that affects their perspective of the game. Thats why going off one review score for any game is bad, you need to read them all, or find a reviewer who's gaming tastes seem to match your own. 

Aielyn said:
You have to wonder how GameSpot can give the game a 45% when Joystiq gives it a 90%. How can the disagreement be that big?

You must not be paying attention to some JRPG reviews.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

snyps said:

gergroy said:

snyps said:

gergroy said:
------------
------------

----------
------------

i ask again.. what standard did the controls deviate from? your comment is based on nothing until you back it up.

ok, first of all there is no such think as a standard control to deviate from.  However, from my experience with the game having to move around the items in your inventory on the fly with the touchscreen was clunky and could have been mapped out better.  Having to push the left trigger just to swing or shoot anything was annoying and clunky as well.  Ducking was annoying.  There were other annoyances as well, but I would have to go back and play the game to get you more specific details.

As far as backing up whether or not is was more terryfying than any other survival horror game that is easy, it didn't scare me at all.  Since that comment was based on my opinion of the game, that is all the backing up I need.

Aielyn said:
gergroy said:

Here's a tip for you - saying "it's my opinion" doesn't protect you from being wrong, any more than a person saying "the world is flat, in my opinion" is any less wrong than if they'd said it without saying it's their opinion.

If you based your opinion on bad foundations, on false facts, then your opinion is still wrong. Essentially, such opinions are quite literally "baseless".

Tell me - if someone were to say "I don't like Super Mario Bros because it's a crappy RPG", would you consider that to be a valid argument? How about if they said "I don't like the Phoenix Wright games because they're a low quality FPS"?

ok, but that doesn't have anything to do with me.  I played the game.  I gave my opinion of what I felt about the game after having played it.  It isn't any more baseless or false then anyone else's opinion that has played the game.  In fact, the sentiment I had was echoed in many of the reviews of the game.  So I don't get why you guys are attacking me.  I mean, this is a thread talking about how a lot of the big reviewers hated this game just like me.  Good grief people...

its not difficult to back up an opinion. resident evil controls are lacking the shoot and run, therefore, its flawed. easy.