By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ZombiU HATED by - gamespot, gameinformer,egm, machinima, gametrailers, edge - LOVED by every NON-Mainstream source

Tagged games:

Woud you recommend ZombiU to a friend?

Yes. I own it. You should too. 114 75.50%

No. I regret having it. Stay away. 36 23.84%

Total:150
gergroy said:
Aielyn said:
You have to wonder how GameSpot can give the game a 45% when Joystiq gives it a 90%. How can the disagreement be that big?

How can some people love the ps3 and hate the 360 or vice versa when they have pretty much the same games, controller, and online?

brand loyalty, fanboish etc.. We all favour a console over the others even though we may enjoy them all.

Around the Network

all i can say is that ZombiU is the best WiiU launch title

I think some of those reviews clearly mistake what kind of game it is. I recall that Gamespot's review came off as that it is a bad action game when they should have reviewed as more of an average survival horror

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Cobretti2 said:
gergroy said:
I thought the game was terrible, personally. Controls were absolutely horrible, which is one of the most annoying things to have in a horror game. Honestly, I think a lot of horror games make bad controls on purpose so they can artificially ramp up the suspense (like resident evil and not being able to move while you shoot).

I think most of the people that liked the game just really wanted to like the game. Or they still had the warm fuzzies from playing a new console.

I am pretty sure (can't remember as I haven't played it in years) when I played RE4 Wii Edition you could walk and shoot. This was the bonus of having pointer controls and why I was pissed of RE5 did not come out on Wii.

nope, I have the wii edition, still stuck in one place! RE5 was the same way...

gergroy said:
How can some people love the ps3 and hate the 360 or vice versa when they have pretty much the same games, controller, and online?

Yes, but that's kind of missing the point.

Ratings for ZombiU can't possibly be a brand loyalty issue, unless the person at Gamespot that reviewed the game went into it already hating the Wii U... in which case, they had no business reviewing the game.

If the difference had been, say, 70% vs 90% or 65% vs 45%, I'd have called it reasonable. That's the sort of variation that one gets when ordinary personal opinion comes into it, if a reviewer is trying to be objective. A difference of 45%, however, is large enough to say that this isn't reasonable. Either one of them got a faulty copy of the game, one of them was being incredibly biased and had no inclination to factor out their bias (or to recuse themselves from reviewing the game), or one of them was rating it in an extreme way for the purpose of getting hits. In all three cases, I think we can see which of the two would have to be the one "at fault".

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
gergroy said:

Ratings for ZombiU can't possibly be a brand loyalty issue, unless the person at Gamespot that reviewed the game went into it already hating the Wii U... in which case, they had no business reviewing the game.

If the difference had been, say, 70% vs 90% or 65% vs 45%, I'd have called it reasonable. That's the sort of variation that one gets when ordinary personal opinion comes into it, if a reviewer is trying to be objective. A difference of 45%, however, is large enough to say that this isn't reasonable. Either one of them got a faulty copy of the game, one of them was being incredibly biased and had no inclination to factor out their bias (or to recuse themselves from reviewing the game), or one of them was rating it in an extreme way for the purpose of getting hits. In all three cases, I think we can see which of the two would have to be the one "at fault".

actually it really can be a brand loyalty issue.  It can also be a genre interest issue as well.  Since it is personal opinion, it is completely subjective which was kind of my point.  

People have certain personal opinions on what makes a game good.  That opinion can be made up partly based on aspects of the console.  That is where the brand loyalty would come into play.  Some people may care more about atmosphere than controls, some people might care more about a story, etc.  There are plenty of reasons to explain away any kind of descrepancy when dealing with subjective ratings.  

Personally, I think it was probably due to one reviewer being unimpressed with the wii u and and another being really excited about the wii u.  Personally though, I wouldn't give the game more than a 60%...

gergroy said:
Aielyn said:
gergroy said:

actually it really can be a brand loyalty issue.  It can also be a genre interest issue as well.  Since it is personal opinion, it is completely subjective which was kind of my point.  

People have certain personal opinions on what makes a game good.  That opinion can be made up partly based on aspects of the console.  That is where the brand loyalty would come into play.  Some people may care more about atmosphere than controls, some people might care more about a story, etc.  There are plenty of reasons to explain away any kind of descrepancy when dealing with subjective ratings.  

Personally, I think it was probably due to one reviewer being unimpressed with the wii u and and another being really excited about the wii u.  Personally though, I wouldn't give the game more than a 60%...

I know one of the earlier reviewer sites with their video review you could tell the guy pretty much didn't like the genre as he was expecting a COD style game as he always complained about lack of ammunition and the slow pace of the game. He actually complimented on the multiplayer as it was quicker paced and had more ammo lol.

Cobretti2 said:
gergroy said:
Aielyn said:
gergroy said:

I know one of the earlier reviewer sites with their video review you could tell the guy pretty much didn't like the genre as he was expecting a COD style game as he always complained about lack of ammunition and the slow pace of the game. He actually complimented on the multiplayer as it was quicker paced and had more ammo lol.

yeah, I actually just read the gamespot review.  He didn't really talk about the game as if it was a 4.5 game.  I don't think he really justified scoring it that low.  He was obviously the wrong guy to have reviewing the game.  His review sounds more like a 6 or a 7.  

That kind of crap happens though.  They probalby shouldn't let him review any more horror games...

gergroy said:
------------
I thought the game was terrible, personally. Controls were absolutely horrible, which is one of the most annoying things to have in a horror game. Honestly, I think a lot of horror games make bad controls on purpose so they can artificially ramp up the suspense (like resident evil and not being able to move while you shoot).
I think most of the people that liked the game just really wanted to like the game. Or they still had the warm fuzzies from playing a new console.
------------
you realize this is slander? what standard control scheme has been deviated?

im telling you. the game puts me in a real survival instinct. i mean terrifying. perpetual in-game paralysis.

i request everyone ignore baseless comments.. i know i should have but i love a good head on collision

It's a survival game. If you don't like slow gameplay that requires a lot of planning and thinking, then stay way.

I really don't understand the hate for this game, if you want a game that is extremely scare (It will make you uncomfortable) and requires smart play, then get it.