By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U: Nintendo 'Got It Wrong With This Console' - Pachter

ps3-sales! said:
I stopped listening to this guy a long time ago.

He receives so much media attention - so it is hard to avoid him. He really grinds my gears, a professional like him should'nt be a tool. 

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

Around the Network
chris_wing said:
MDMAlliance said:
chris_wing said:

Really.  So you thought my master plan was to lower the price and cancel all games?  No, you lower the price to lower the barrier of entry so that there is a larger audience for the GAMES, also so third parties have more confidence to put content on the platform leading to more of those great things known as GAMEZ.

Not sure if you realize how ridiculous you seem with these extremes.  

Good grief.  Someone said a price cut wouldn't help sales for more then a few weeks.  I said the 3DS begs to differ.  Someone said no it was the games.  I said it was the games and the price cut, but the games alone wouldn't be enough (See Vita).  I'm paraphrasing of course.

But you're right, I'm ridiculous.

bold

chris_wing said:
spurgeonryan said:
This will finally be the nail in his coffin. Price cut effect would last for a few weeks at most.

3DS says "Hi!"

Not saying I agree with him but the 3DS and Wii U situations are vastly different and cannot be compared.

Hey Patcher....have you ever sold 3,000,000 of anything in a month and a half?....No, then stfu!

Stop hating and start playing.

MDMAlliance said:
chris_wing said:
MDMAlliance said:
chris_wing said:

Really.  So you thought my master plan was to lower the price and cancel all games?  No, you lower the price to lower the barrier of entry so that there is a larger audience for the GAMES, also so third parties have more confidence to put content on the platform leading to more of those great things known as GAMEZ.

Not sure if you realize how ridiculous you seem with these extremes.  

Good grief.  Someone said a price cut wouldn't help sales for more then a few weeks.  I said the 3DS begs to differ.  Someone said no it was the games.  I said it was the games and the price cut, but the games alone wouldn't be enough (See Vita).  I'm paraphrasing of course.

But you're right, I'm ridiculous.

bold

Have fun with your Nintendo Vita

Around the Network

I don't think that's the problem. I think people are just completely unaware that the WiiU is even a new console! They should have just called it Wii2 or something more obvious that it is a new console. My friend, who is for the most part a "core" gamer didn't even know it was out till about 2 weeks ago!

Zappykins said:
It's sad, I feel bad for Nintendo. But he is right, there is no real buzz or thing that the WiiU does that makes everyone go - oh, what is that!?!

It will up to them to show more at E3. To make people say, "Hey, come play with us."

Now if they had only released it in 2010 or 2011, things might be different.

They wouldn't have had many first party games though, and that's what drives their sales.  When they switched from Wii to WiiU development they took into account that there would be an increased development time with the new HD hardware.  I think that transition is part of the reason why they let the original Wii slow down and die like they did with minimal support in the last few years.  If they released the WiiU back then there would be bigger droughts on the system.

irstupid sa

1. price won't help hardware, software will.  Doesn't matter if the Wii U is free.  It needs games.  You can't do anythign with a Wii U without games.  (well actually you can these days, but nothing you already don't have in your house)

disagree.  Gamers today are "smarter" than ever, with access to gaming news sites, forums etc...with the repeated topics "Wii U is not next gen" "wii u is not powerful enough" "wii u is not much visually better than ps360".  So there is a fixed value in those consumers' minds, and at $299-350, its simply not worth the "upgrade" to most, so only Nintendo fans will buy in.  For this thing to fly off shelves, yes, it needs (exclusive/unique) games but it has to flourish as a 2nd household console, meaning slash the price $50-100. 

se7en7thre3 said:
irstupid sa

1. price won't help hardware, software will.  Doesn't matter if the Wii U is free.  It needs games.  You can't do anythign with a Wii U without games.  (well actually you can these days, but nothing you already don't have in your house)

disagree.  Gamers today are "smarter" than ever, with access to gaming news sites, forums etc...with the repeated topics "Wii U is not next gen" "wii u is not powerful enough" "wii u is not much visually better than ps360".  So there is a fixed value in those consumers' minds, and at $299-350, its simply not worth the "upgrade" to most, so only Nintendo fans will buy in.  For this thing to fly off shelves, yes, it needs (exclusive/unique) games but it has to flourish as a 2nd household console, meaning slash the price $50-100. 

Do you think the Vita would fly off the shelves it were $50 cheaper?  No difference in anything else, no more games than it currently has, no new announced games that haven't been announced already.  Just tomorrow it is $50 cheaper.  Do you think it would outsell 3DS this month?  Or even come close?

Price isn't everything.  People going to gaming sites or hearing about systems are saying the system is overpriced because it has less Ram or bad CPU or ect.  They hear its overpriced because there is not a good enough library for the system.  The better the library the more expensive a console can be.

se7en7thre3 said:
irstupid sa

I HIGHLY disagree with that statement. People are willing to make themselves look like total idots all for the sake of slandering another company.