By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No More Heroes first impressions

I think the game is amazing. The outerworld graphics (very small part of the game IMHO) are meh, but the combat (main) sequences are brilliant.

Controls are very good, motion control is used in a unique and very good way, and not overused.

I thought the cell phone use with the Wiimote was really creative, and though I expected it to be silly, it fits perfectly.

I'd score it an 85 to 90.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

If you know how to use motion controls you shouldn't have any control issues. I definitely didn't dislike the open world as much as you. It's nowhere near as fun as the missions are, but I didn't mind it, and it was a nice break in between the crazy action. I liked buying up all the clothes and beam katana upgrades, and I didn't think the minigames were bad. They work as a break in the action.

That said, collision detection is awful. There is some weird buffer zone in front of the cars. They may have put it there on purpose so that you wouldn't go flying off the bike when you hit them, but it's frankly annoying. IMO the game would have been much better if they had simply left out the open world, and let you travel between locations instantly, while keeping the minigames and stuff. The overworld is really a small part of the game though, and if you don't mind the minigames (again, a lot of people like them), then you should enjoy yourself. I'm about 5 or 6 hours in and would put the game in the mid to high 8s.

Cool, just one month to go for us Europeans! I guess Zack & Wiki will help pass the time quickly enough :)

The over-the-topness of this game is what makes it. its totally rediculous (in a good way)

Witty signature here...

Wii: 14 million by January  I sold myself short

360: 13 million by January I sold microsoft short, but not as bad as Nintendo.

PS3: 6 million by January. If it approaches 8 mil i'll eat crow  Mnn Crow is yummy.

With these results, I've determined that I suck at long term predictions, and will not long term predict anything ever again. Thus spaketh Crono.

Looking good :D

Around the Network

Wow, you seem to really dislike the open-world aspect as you said 'shitty' more than once. A Bit harsh I must say...Unless you genuinely could not find anything good about it.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

I'm 8 hours in and I'm in love with the game. I find all of the overworld and control complains to be nitpicks on a magnificant game. I'll weigh in with a review once I've beaten it, but trust me, rent or buy, you won't be dissapointed.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

twesterm said:
Rath said:
A rating Twesterm?

And then a seperate rating for open and arena areas?

I get the feeling that if I get this game I'm going to skip the open world as much as possible.

I would say it's still too early for a rating. If I had to guess I would probably say high 7's to low 8'sbut for right now I should just go with "I'm having fun with it and the action parts are worth the suffering of the open world parts."

It's not too early for GamePro :P  http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/reviews/157808.shtml

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

sounds pretty good to me

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Well twesterm dont mean to troll, but when its a ps3 game you attack every single thing negativly possible about the game as if you want it to burn in hell.

Why not with a wii game?

mM