By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Nintendo Announces TLOZ: Echoes of Wisdom

Best Zelda news from the June Nintendo Direct?

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom 3 75.00%

Four Swords on NSO 0 0%

Hyrule Edition Switch Lite 1 25.00%

Total:4

Feeling overloaded with job and my masters, I'm playing much less than I wanted to. I'm trying to spent time with my family too on weekends. 

I think so far I didn't played more than 15 hours yet, but the game is really really good. I didn't comeback to sky island yet (I don't know how to reach them other than fast traveling). The depths are challenging. I was trying to shrine hunting the game before doing quests, but I know most of the map and this make the shrine hunting less exciting compared to BOTW, so I changed my approach to trying to finish the quests in all regions. I started with the center of Hyrule and then proceed to Dueling Peaks and Kakariko Village. Then went to the same Plateau we start in BOTW, there I descended into the chasm and discovered the area that might be my favorite in the game yet, the mines under the Great Plateau, got my first boss fight there and unlocked the auto-build function 

Proceeded explore the depths under central of Hyrule, it was when I realized the light trees are the source of the shrines, made unlock them much easy. Unlocked the camera soon after after. Trying to decide what to do next, I have beaten 23 shrines I think. I will try to fetch que quests around Kakariko Village and then maybe go to Hateno Region, trying to save the main quests for later

I also love how the gaming beats allow me play short sessions. Sometimes I'm feeling tired from coding or solving math problems, I just stop and find a shrine to beat in 10-15 minutos before coming back to my studies or job

Around the Network

Also, the starting sky island section was so great to navigate

Sure it was just a tutorial and pretty linear, but felt really good to solve the puzzled to proceed thought it. This along with the depths under great Plateau makes me want to have more structured areas in the game

So this guy built a freaking orbital laser cannon in TOTK

Still haven't been able to kill Ice Gleeock, and what's worse is that I'm sure it'd respawn from the Blood Moon. So far all I've tried is acquiring more Sage avatars, having lots of monster eyeballs for my arrows so I can easily take down each Gleeock head, and making sure I have stronger weapons crafted. What else should I do?

A ”problem” I have so far is that I’m constantly short on arrows. Are they more scarese than in BotW or have I just switched play styles between the games?

I mean, it’s not a problem it’s just very noticable.

Around the Network
Spindel said:

A ”problem” I have so far is that I’m constantly short on arrows. Are they more scarese than in BotW or have I just switched play styles between the games?

I think they are way more common than in BotW, I've been using bows way more than in BotW but I rarely ever go below 100 arrows. I recommend breaking any boxes or barrels you find they usually have a few arrows, also enemies with bows will usually drop 5 arrows. Most shops sell arrows as well.

pikashoe said:
Spindel said:

A â€Âproblemâ€Â I have so far is that I’m constantly short on arrows. Are they more scarese than in BotW or have I just switched play styles between the games?

I think they are way more common than in BotW, I've been using bows way more than in BotW but I rarely ever go below 100 arrows. I recommend breaking any boxes or barrels you find they usually have a few arrows, also enemies with bows will usually drop 5 arrows. Most shops sell arrows as well.

I scavange for arrows all that I can, really don’t buy them since I’m short on rupees. 

Probably my play style that has changed then :P

Also I haven’t come as far in the game as some here seems to have done, because my free time for playing is limited. Maybe it will become better later on. 

Spindel said:

Break open crates and pots they're a common drop from them. 

Spindel said:

They way more common than in BotW. I always have 300-500 arrows without issues.

I think arrows are more scarce because they're relatively powerful with added items.