By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 23.08%

A Link to the Past 11 42.31%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.54%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 15.38%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.85%

Other 1 3.85%

Total:26
Kakadu18 said:

Slant gave TotK a 6/10 and ssid it feels like the safest and least adventurous Zelda game. What did this "reviewer" even play? Certainly not the same game we have been playing.

That is the dumbest and most idiotic take I have seen on any game ever. TotK is safe? You have to be literally brain damaged to actually think that.

Slant already gave BotW a 6/10.

Slant have always just been pure clickbait, best to ignore and hopefully they just die off eventually.

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Kakadu18 said:

Slant gave TotK a 6/10 and ssid it feels like the safest and least adventurous Zelda game. What did this "reviewer" even play? Certainly not the same game we have been playing.

That is the dumbest and most idiotic take I have seen on any game ever. TotK is safe? You have to be literally brain damaged to actually think that.

Slant have always just been pure clickbait, best to ignore and hopefully they just die off eventually.

Yep, they gave Xenoblade Chronicles 2 a 4/10. Complete hacks. That their crap is even featured on Metacritic is a shame.

Kakadu18 said:

Even Jim Sterling isn't that brainless.

Also, can anyone answer my question about the Spirit Temple in TOTK? Is it necessary, or can I go after Ganon without it?

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Also, can anyone answer my question about the Spirit Temple in TOTK? Is it necessary, or can I go after Ganon without it?

Like the last game I'm pretty sure you don't need to do any of the temples to go after ganon although it may affect the ending. What you get for doing the spirit temple is worth doing it for.

You can beat Ganon right after leaving the tutorial.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

Slant gave TotK a 6/10 and said it feels like the safest and least adventurous Zelda game. What did this "reviewer" even play? Certainly not the same game we have been playing.

they also gave Breath of the Wild a 6/10 and tend to hate Sony exclusives. 

I'm convinced they're just doing it for drama clicks. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

they go by Stephanie now. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Well my nephew just called me asking me best way to sell his switch, and wants a steam deck and has no money. I told him why would you sell the switch now when finally there is a game worth playing on it. I told him i would buy tears of kingdom for him then he could sell it after we finish it. So i just bought the game but he will finish first, then let me hold the switch for a month, looking forward to see what the hype is about and will give my unbiased impressions.

HoloDust said:

So, after 4 Main Quest Temples, I honestly find BotW Divine Beasts to be better. I did enjoy both getting to and actual Gerudo and Goron Temples, though I've only find Gerudo's boss to pose any challenge at all. Rito was most fun to get to, but not so great by itself, and Zora was weakest in all aspects. I really wish they've put some more thought into Temples and made them more, as advertised, like classic Zelda Temples.

On different topic, which Zelda actress you prefer the most? I personally can't stand English dub and find Italian to be most pleasing to my ear.

what would you rate the game so far?

pikashoe said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Like the last game I'm pretty sure you don't need to do any of the temples to go after ganon although it may affect the ending. What you get for doing the spirit temple is worth doing it for.

Ok, then how do I access the Spirit Temple? Are there certain requirements?