By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 24.00%

A Link to the Past 10 40.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 12.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.00%

Other 1 4.00%

Total:25
CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

I’m on the verge of needing to take a sabbatical from YouTube viewing, which bums me out. There is so much Zelda flooding my feed now with impressions and comments in the thumbnails. This isn’t a problem…it’s just a problem for me. I’ve already spoiled myself to much watching all the trailers and the gameplay presentation. I think it’s time for a self imposed sequestering.

The new stuff I've seen so far just makes me want the game even more!! ^^

I don’t think there’s anything that will change my hype levels for this game. They’re through the roof. They go to 11, maybe even 12. I have the countdown running in my head every day. All the games on my Switch seem to pale in comparison to getting my hands on this game. 

I could but Xenoblade or Nier or something and get over that, but I both can’t afford that and I’d hate to start one of those games so close to this one. I still remember playing Final Fantasy XII right before the Wii came out, and once the Wii released I never returned. 

At this point it’s about being patient and ignorant of the mega-adventure on the horizon. 

Around the Network

I've read some previews and somehow my excitement just keeps growing. I will be staring at the game on my Switch home screen for the last week before launch on the verge of going insane.

Some other previews. Sorry if repost.

Seeing previewers already putting together rocket powered jet planes, the stuff players manage to come up with after a few months with this game is gonna be truly epic, given what some were able to pull off with BOTW's much more limited tools.

curl-6 said:

Seeing previewers already putting together rocket powered jet planes, the stuff players manage to come up with after a few months with this game is gonna be truly epic, given what some were able to pull off with BOTW's much more limited tools.

This is exiting even for someone like me who won't be playing it. I like to see awesome stuff others create in gaming worlds. Depending on how powerful the tools are many different fantastic creations will arise.  

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Didn't watch those videos, but really, rocket powered jet planes?!
Oh, dear...don't get me wrong, I love some "fuck around with physics" games, Kerbal Space Program is one of the all-time favourite games, but is this what Zelda has come down to?

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

Oh, dear...don't get me wrong, I love some "fuck around with physics" games, Kerbal Space Program is one of the all-time favourite games, but is this what Zelda has come down to?

It's not as out of place as it sounds honestly. It seems like a natural evolution of the stuff players were already pulling off in BOTW through exploiting the physics engine. Here's a look at some of it:

curl-6 said:
HoloDust said:

It's not as out of place as it sounds honestly. It seems like a natural evolution of the stuff players were already pulling off in BOTW through exploiting the physics engine. Here's a look at some of it:

Yeah, that does all look somewhat interesting to play around with - as someone who, at some point in the past, spent embarrassing amount of time building all sort of crazy machines in Minecraft and spaceships consisting of CPU breaking amount of parts in Kerbal Space Program, I do understand appeal of fiddling with such systems - the thing is I don't find stuff such as in this video to my taste in a Zelda game.

Power to those who do find these things appealing, they will certainly enjoy the game way more than I will (I'll still play it, I have to get it for my son who really liked BotW, so might as well play it anyway).

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, that does all look somewhat interesting to play around with - as someone who, at some point in the past, spent embarrassing amount of time building all sort of crazy machines in Minecraft and spaceships consisting of CPU breaking amount of parts in Kerbal Space Program, I do understand appeal of fiddling with such systems - the thing is I don't find stuff such as in this video to my taste in a Zelda game.

Power to those who do find these things appealing, they will certainly enjoy the game way more than I will (I'll still play it, I have to get it for my son who really liked BotW, so might as well play it anyway).

And I liked getting to have Link on a motorcycle before! ^^

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

That's fair.

I recall you feeling that the physics systems in BOTW weren't as necessary to engage with as you would have liked, and from the previews that just came out, it does seem like the building mechanic is more integrated into the level design as it's used to travel between islands in the sky.