By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 23.08%

A Link to the Past 11 42.31%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.54%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 15.38%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.85%

Other 1 3.85%

Total:26

Why does the thread title say "Hyrule Warriors: Skyward Sword HD"? It's called "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD".

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

Y'all better update the thread poll and add more specific  2022 options

We're overdue for a new poll option anyway!

Old poll results:

Time for a new poll!

Kakadu18 said:

Why does the thread title say "Hyrule Warriors: Skyward Sword HD"? It's called "The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD".

Just an error transitioning from the old headline to the new one. Fixed now :)

Voted for a new 2D game it has been a while since the oast original one, not really feeling BOTW2 this year. I ain't think either are happening though

WW + TP with Wii U versions would also be fine
Or OoT + MM 3DS versions

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

I voted for BOTW 2 but more so I'd also like from them to reveal that Grezzo was working on either a remake of Oracle of Seasons/Ages or a brand new 2D-Zelda.

So many possibilities if we're to get a 35th anniversary Direct just like Mario did ...

A remake of Zelda II could be interesting, give it a metroidvania vibe. I feel they would need to rework a lot of the original Zelda if they remade it, the game relied on you having the physical map and the booklet. New 2D Zelda I'd be down for as well, A Link Between Worlds was a magical game, but everything felt just a bit too familiar.

I'd be most excited for a Paper Zelda, as long as it's team-based and RPG oriented though.
I love it when franchises cross genres. Image and Form Games has done an amazing job with this with the Steamworld series. (really excited for their next game as well)

I’ve just finished Link’s Awakening. I got it on a sale for 30 bucks and I am not disappointed. It is better than I expected. It’s still a very puzzle heavy Zelda, but it does have some classic arcade gameplay that offers some good fun challenge on hard mode.

Is it worth 60 dollars? I don’t think so, but for 30 bucks it felt like my money was well spent.

I can’t wait for a totally new 2d Zelda game. Enough with remakes and re-imaginings ( A link Between worlds).

mZuzek said:

Zelda 2 is by far the game in the series in most need of a remake. It's the worst game in the series by far due to how obscure it can get to find key items and how punishing the game is with the game overs. It's hard, not in a fun or particularly fair way. Make it more accessible, less punishing, and prettier, and you find a pretty good game hidden underneath its issues.

C’mon man!! Zelda 2 is awesome and it is not that punishing. You simply lack perseverance. ?

I actually find it pretty fair with its leveling system and how you actually get better at it the more you play it. The sense of growth in Zelda 2 is one of the best I’ve experienced in a vídeo game. You really get a sense of mastering the game. 

I mean, I kind of agree with you that those game over screens could be a little punishing on how they send you all the way back to the beginning of the map. It does need to be addressed in an eventual remake. 

Anyway. I said above that I would like a brand new 2d Zelda game, but I would gladly take it back if it were a Zelda 2 remake. It would actually be a dream come true. I absolutely love Zelda 2. 

Valdney said:
mZuzek said:

Zelda 2 is by far the game in the series in most need of a remake. It's the worst game in the series by far due to how obscure it can get to find key items and how punishing the game is with the game overs. It's hard, not in a fun or particularly fair way. Make it more accessible, less punishing, and prettier, and you find a pretty good game hidden underneath its issues.

C’mon man!! Zelda 2 is awesome and it is not that punishing. You simply lack perseverance. 😄

I actually find it pretty fair with its leveling system and how you actually get better at it the more you play it. The sense of growth in Zelda 2 is one of the best I’ve experienced in a vídeo game. You really get a sense of mastering the game. 

I mean, I kind of agree with you that those game over screens could be a little punishing on how they send you all the way back to the beginning of the map. It does need to be addressed in an eventual remake. 

Anyway. I said above that I would like a brand new 2d Zelda game, but I would gladly take it back if it were a Zelda 2 remake. It would actually be a dream come true. I absolutely love Zelda 2. 

I think I fall between you guys. I do think Zelda II is among the worst games in the series, but I also love certain elements of it -- particularly the tactical combat. I think the difficulty level is manageable,to a point. Once you get to the road to the Great Palace, however, it becomes excessively challenging. 

A few tweaks and it could be a great game. Remove the level cap, change those game overs, and reduce the difficulty of the final stretch (including Great Palace and the final boss).

I'm with Veknoid_Outcast about the difficulty of Zelda II , maybe some changes could be applied here and there but i prefer that the game has some diffuculty, unlike for example twilight princess in the gamecube, where once you collected several heart pieces you practically couldn't be killed since almost everything damaged you for 1/4, 1/2 or 1 heart making all enemies and bosses minor nuisances, Zelda II felt challenging and you needed to up your levels to keep up with the enemies but wasn't that grindy, and the structure of the levels and the objects needed to progress just needs a bit of searching on your part since the map isn't that really big and there aren't that many towns and places to interact. Zelda II isn't even considered one of the hardest games on the "hardest games" or the "most unfair games" lists since it isn't on the level of Ghosts n’ Goblins, Double Dragon III, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Adventure Island 1, Blaster Master, Ninja Gaiden series, Battletoads, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Castlevania NES series, The Simpson's games, Dragon’s Lair etc.

For example one basic thing about the structure of the game it's that if you need to beat a dungeon all you need to beat it resides completely inside the dungeon save for the Reflect Spell, you obtain the items and keys to beat a dungeon inside it, so that discards wandering outside with no reason.

As for Skyward Sword i preferred it gameplaywise to the original version of Twillight Princess because it felt less slow and as i said it had more challenge simply because enemies and things damaged you considerably unlike in TP, also Ghirahim > Zant.