By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 23.08%

A Link to the Past 11 42.31%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 3 11.54%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 15.38%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 3.85%

Other 1 3.85%

Total:26

Yeah BotW is knocking down record after record.

Around the Network

What a truly wonderful game. Gonna go back and replay Breath of the Wild soon, or early next year on its 2 year anniversary

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Gone Home on Switch features SNES Zelda cart :)

Source

TomaTito said:

As revealed by Media Create last week, Breath of the Wild has now surpassed another milestone. In Japan, it’s sold more than 1.25 million copies across the Switch and Wii U. This places it ahead of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - which has held the top spot as the best-selling 3D Zelda game since 1998. This now makes Link's latest modern outing the best-selling 3D Zelda title of all-time in Nintendo's homeland.  

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/zelda_breath_of_the_wild_becomes_best-selling_3d_zelda_game_in_japan

[snip]

Thanks for posting! :D

1.25 million for Switch and Wii U is the best selling 3D entry in Japan? So, is Ocarina of Time actually over-tracked in Japan? Because VGC has it listed at 1.45 million.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
1.25 million for Switch and Wii U is the best selling 3D entry in Japan? So, is Ocarina of Time actually over-tracked in Japan? Because VGC has it listed at 1.45 million.

According to Destructoid, it's 1.258 million sold in Japan for Breath of the Wild compared to 1.257 for Ocarina.

Couldn't be closer!  

My brother just got his Nintendo Switch and copy of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild as an early Birthday present!

He's in love already (And I gave him a bunch of my Zelda amiibo to get some sweet weaponry!)

Wish him luck on my behalf!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Veknoid_Outcast said:
TomaTito said:

As revealed by Media Create last week, Breath of the Wild has now surpassed another milestone. In Japan, it’s sold more than 1.25 million copies across the Switch and Wii U. This places it ahead of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - which has held the top spot as the best-selling 3D Zelda game since 1998. This now makes Link's latest modern outing the best-selling 3D Zelda title of all-time in Nintendo's homeland.  

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/zelda_breath_of_the_wild_becomes_best-selling_3d_zelda_game_in_japan

[snip]

Your avatar fits nicely with the news

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

PAOerfulone said:

Funny. If it is then it’s undertracked elsewhere, it still has to add up to 7.6m. Or VGC counts rest of Asia with Japan, or something. 

TomaTito said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Your avatar fits nicely with the news

This avatar makes me unreasonably happy :)