Forums - Gaming Discussion - need a new phone

wick said:

Again, not true at all.

You must be trolling.

Trolling? lol

iPhone come with two natives app widget (Stock Widget and Weather Widget) and you can download and install a lot more in App Store... there are app just to configure and add widgets to homescreen too.

Like I said just because you don't know how to use the iOS not make it can't do that.



Around the Network
ethomaz said:

wick said:

Again, not true at all.

You must be trolling.

Trolling? lol

iPhone come with two natives app widget (Stock Widget and Weather Widget) and you can download and install a lot more in App Store... there are app just to configure and add widgets to homescreen too.

Like I said just because you don't know how to use the iOS not make it can't do that.

Are you seriously considering the notification center things to be widgets?

Ok I'm out of here. It's hard to argue with someone who seems devoid of logic



 

 

        Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:

Are you seriously considering the notification center things to be widgets?

Are you talking about that?

Like I said there are a lot of apps for that.

I really don't like real-time widgest because the battery life but you can use it with iPhone too.



That is a notification center. We've had drop down notifications for a long time.

Below are my four screens from my Note 2 with WIDGETS circled in blue.

See the difference? No probably not...........



 

 

        Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:

That is a notification center. We've had drop down notifications for a long time.

Below are my four screens from my Note 2 with WIDGETS circled in blue.

See the difference? No probably not...........

No because the picture I showed to you is not notification... it's "Slide To Unlock" homescreen widget... the notification is that:



Around the Network

I give up.......... It's like talking to a brick wall.



 

 

        Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

ultima said:

I'm sorry, but I have to say that you don't know what you're talking about. An iPhone cannot do everything an Android can. Gingerbread was a more feature rich operating system than iOS5. ICS and JB are way ahead. It has nothing to do with closed vs open. And you're wrong about Linux as well. Have you ever even been near Android or Linux? Linux does many things better than Windows.

It makes for a better server. Past that, Linux is pretty awful as a desktop platform. Yes, I understand that Linux has made big inroads in UIX and all that jazz but they're still so far behind Windows and OS X that it's laughable. Extreme power users who (kind of inexplicably) want to use a super-customizable box will always use Linux but even the techiest of my tech friends (and I work in the web development field so I know a lot of techs) still use Windows or OS X (a surprising amount of them run Macbooks, like 50%). I work as a contractor for various design firms around town and in the time I've been doing that (about nine months now), one guy who wasn't a server admin ran Linux on his laptop.

One guy. Out of about 100 people I've worked with during that time. Linux's sway with the tech community is really overblown. Most people I know who used it at one point have returned to a more fluid workflow OS over the past years, with Macs making the largest inroads because it can run any OS you want to install on the thing.

Also, the one guy who ran Linux bricked his laptop (not a hardware failure) while I was doing my six week contract at the development house. Heh.




Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I would Nexus 4 but it's seemingly always sold out, so either get the Galaxy S III, Note II, Sony Xperia Z or Nokia Lumia 920 (if you don't mind windows phone 8)



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

ethomaz said:

No because the picture I showed to you is not notification... it's "Slide To Unlock" homescreen widget... the notification is that:

iOS doesn't come with widgets unless you jailbreak it, it's not their in stock iOS. While, Android has it from the start without hacking, and if you hadn't noticed customisation is still limited on iOS and that won't change if you don't jailbreak. iOS works but i'm starting to find it boring compared to Android, Apple should redesign it soon



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

iOS doesn't come with widgets unless you jailbreak it, it's not their in stock iOS. While, Android has it from the start without hacking, and if you hadn't noticed customisation is still limited on iOS and that won't change if you don't jailbreak. iOS works but i'm starting to find it boring compared to Android, Apple should redesign it soon

I think there's a good chance iOS7 will see a massive redesign and if that doesn't happen, iOS8 will be completely different than what we have now. Jony Ives is on the record saying he doesn't like a lot of the design choices in the OS and now that he heads Human Interfaces, we can expect to see a lot of changes in OS X and iOS in the coming years.

To me, it can't come soon enough. I own a lot of Apple products and while I like their simplicity, stability, and ease of use, they need to inject some forward-thinking into their interfaces. Apple used to be the industry leader in UIX but now, they're being outdone by the likes of Microsoft. MICROSOFT. Whoda thunk that five years ago?




Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/