By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Shinobi-san said:
NintendoPie said:
I'm still going to recommend the iPhone but if you really don't want it (for some insane reason) get either the SIII or the Note II. Both are supposed to be fast phones with good screen quality. Plus the Note II is easier to surf on since it has such a huge screen.

Out of all the mobile OS's Apple has the most closed off ecosystem by far. For a lot of people this is a major issue.

While you might think its insane for people to not go for the iPhone i actually think its more insane for you to not pick up on this as an obvious issue for a lot of people.

Apple's OS is also arguably better because of this. It's streamlined, easy to navigate, and it has better connections with other Apple products than any Android phone/Tablet I've ever seen.

I was also kidding.

Around the Network

xperia z

If you don't mind the size, I highly recommend the Note 2.

It's an amazing piece of tech.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I recommend the iPhone but you don't like it... so any Android will make you happy... the S3 is a good option.

Shinobi-san said:

Out of all the mobile OS's Apple has the most closed off ecosystem by far. For a lot of people this is a major issue.

While you might think its insane for people to not go for the iPhone i actually think its more insane for you to not pick up on this as an obvious issue for a lot of people.

Can you list what did you do with your magical open mobile OS??? For me that's the same Linux vs Windows talk... this open OS advantage is not a advantage after all.

Around the Network

Depends on what you want to spend. A Galaxy SII seems to give you the best performance for a small price.

SII is ancient... SIII is kind of old too...
Like everyone keeps saying, wait for Xperia Z maybe. Even if you don't get it, there will surely be other good phones by the time it comes out. Also, keep in mind that A15 CPU's will be rolling out this year. That might be something to look forward to.
That said, if I were in the market for a new phone right now, I'd definitely get Nexus 4. Cheap, beautiful, powerful. And stock Android is absolutely gorgeous. No LTE, but HSPA is still plenty fast for most things.

ethomaz said:

Shinobi-san said:

Can you list what did you do with your magical open mobile OS??? For me that's the same Linux vs Windows talk... this open OS advantage is not a advantage after all.

Side load apps from third parties

Use different launchers

Set default apps

Download and play any movie or music file without converting

There's just a few off the top of my head ;)

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
ethomaz said:

Shinobi-san said:

Side load apps from third parties

Use different launchers

Set default apps

Download and play any movie or music file without converting

There's just a few off the top of my head ;)

lol wick! Well said...

But yeah on a serious note Ethomas the differences are pretty dam obvious. Oh one magical thing i did with my magical android device was copy music to it without itunes

It was magical.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

lol wick! Well said...

But yeah on a serious note Ethomas the differences are pretty dam obvious. Oh one magical thing i did with my magical android device was copy music to it without itunes

It was magical.

Where did you get your music from?