By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - need a new phone

I wanna get a new smart phone .i dont want the iphone.should i get the Samsung  galxay 2 or 3.and how is virgin mobile and iam open to other phones besides the galxay

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

S3 or Note (if you like the size) or Nexus4 (if you want stock Android)

Get the S3 or the note 2. Both have great hardware specs. You gotta look at it his way. Your going to keep this phone for two years. If you get the S2 by the time you get a new contract your phone will be almost 4 years old. Thats ancient in the technology sector. When that time rolls around i doubt there will be any support for it

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

If you're dead set on Android get a Samsung or HTC. Both have great hardware and design. If you plan on listening to a lot of music on your device I'd lean toward an HTC as they come with Beats Audio and some models even come with amplifiers built into the headphone jacks. The sound quality on HTC phones is unmatched. However I'd give Samsung a slight edge on design and bang for your buck as far as hardware is concerned. They pack some really powerful tech into really thin phones which is nice.

I'm still going to recommend the iPhone but if you really don't want it (for some insane reason) get either the SIII or the Note II. Both are supposed to be fast phones with good screen quality. Plus the Note II is easier to surf on since it has such a huge screen.

Around the Network

wait on the Xperia Z, flagship Android phone coming out next month

Get the one that's on sale or is good value, and has high end specs (LTE, 4.3+ screen, HD screen, Dual core + ...)
Going for lesser known flagship phones like Motorolla Razd HD and Optimus G usually gets you good deals and doesn't make you look like an iPhone or Galaxy S3 sheep. :P

Just got the Nexus 4 on Saturday and I love it. For the price and the specs it's pretty unbeatable at the moment IMO. Look into it, although I know they're having major supply issues depending on where you live.

anamme said:
Just got the Nexus 4 on Saturday and I love it. For the price and the specs it's pretty unbeatable at the moment IMO. Look into it, although I know they're having major supply issues depending on where you live.

No LTE kills that phone for me, but if you don't have/use LTE where you are, its a great device. 

NintendoPie said:
I'm still going to recommend the iPhone but if you really don't want it (for some insane reason) get either the SIII or the Note II. Both are supposed to be fast phones with good screen quality. Plus the Note II is easier to surf on since it has such a huge screen.

Out of all the mobile OS's Apple has the most closed off ecosystem by far. For a lot of people this is a major issue.

While you might think its insane for people to not go for the iPhone i actually think its more insane for you to not pick up on this as an obvious issue for a lot of people.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|