By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is Monilith Soft's new game somthing for square enix to worry about? Can it take final fantasy's crown?

is Monilith Software's new game somthing for square enix to worry about?

yes, they should be very worried 84 35.59%

they should be kinda worried 52 22.03%

X will do well, but wont ... 78 33.05%

No X wont do that well and FF is fine 21 8.90%

Total:235

Square who?

Around the Network

Could you seriously fix the title?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

melbye said:
In terms of sales probably not, but in terms of quality they should absolutely be worried

There's lots of games that have been better than a lot of final fantasy's imo this gen, previous gen, etc.
And technically FF doesn't really have a crown., Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter already have the crown in Japan in Sales. And Pokemon always has outsold FF.

If you're going by metascore, Ninokuni, Xenoblade, TWEWY are already higher rated.

I guess it has the title of highest selling Home Console JRPG (not even RPG) if anyone cares about that.

I mean a lot of users would say halo, or killzone could apply this to FPS. Can they take Call of Duty's Crown even aside from better quality which is always subjective? Probably not.

Otakumegane said:
Could you seriously fix the title?

lol

Monilith Soft seriously sounds some some kind of ice cream.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

just did, you were getting pissed lol My bad!!

Busted said:
Square who?

are we the ones to talk with altus 100% absent from the ps3 ?

the answer is that they ARE worried about the state of console rpgs, that's the thing, they have always been.

Square is the new nintendo in terms of random hate but objectively they are still the major player in console/japanese rpgs because they took action to keep themselves from becoming another stale producer in a long line of studios that slowly faded having nothing relevant to offer.

XIV proved that even strong brand names can only get you a handfull of sales.

It seemed to be more like Monster Hunter than Final Fantasy

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

bobgamez said:
just did, you were getting pissed lol My bad!!

What did you change in the title?

No chance. Final Fantasy is no longer considered that good anyway.

But Xenoblade 2 or whatever it is called is a small brand. It dosen't have the same horsepower that FF has accrued over the years; a lot of RPG gamers will have never heard of the game.

Besides Monolith's next game will be a Wii U exclusive, FF15 or whatever FF13 sequel off they release will be multiplatform with a huge marketing budget.