By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - America has done enough for the Environment!

ideed.
they have done enough,if you mean bad things,than they already have.

I'm not a fan of the co2 lie and the global warming scam that is pushed by the UNO and the IPCC but somehow you must find a way to make americans less ignorant to the environment.

an easy way to save the environment and become independent?
Every rich man in the USA (500000+) to buy 10 solar panels.
10mio+ to buy 30
100mio+ to buy 100
billionaires to buy 300 solar panels.
(others will follow,as soon as they see that it works)
install them on some sunny places eg death valley

no need to buy coal from foreign countries to produce electricity
no need to contamine nature by mining Uranium,no atomic waste from atomic power plants
(and if you produce those solar panels in the usa you will create thousands of jobs)

Around the Network

Most of the CO2 emissions caused since the industrial revolution began were from the West hence China and India are hesitant at being held to the same standards as they believe it's unfair to handicap them so soon. Something gotta be done though.

Wow.....America consistently ranks as the one of the worst regarding the environment. Having done business in United States (I am from Canada) their recycling programs are a joke and add in oil spills, emissions, etc and they are one of the worst offenders,
The dying planet begs to differ (dead zone oceans, clear cutting, etc)

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

I was in USA once. From what I saw they don't give a shit about the environment.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

spurge failed I think. Severely.

You can say, "I don't care about polluting, we'll solve the problems later when we have more money."

but what you're saying, is uhh, cute.

Around the Network
kivi95 said:
I was in USA once. From what I saw they don't give a shit about the environment.

Depends on where you go. Some people/places care, some very much less so. The problem is persistent noise from certain sectors telling us that environmentalism makes no difference.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

When Spurge makes a political thread.....

IT'S ALWAYS A PARTY!!!

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I don't think any country that actively subsidises fossil fuels can be said to be doing "enough for the environment".

Especially when said country is the worst polluter in the world.

Do developing countries have to do more? Absolutely. Does this somehow lessen America's burden? Hell no.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

That's the thing, hippies may deluded into thinking they are actually doing something for the environment, but they're not the ones in a position to make change. Atmosphere is all there is to America's green push.

Not at all. The only western countries that have done nearly enough are Germany, Ukraine and a few other European nations, I wish nations like America, Canada and my own Australia would focus far more on renewable energies. There is huge potential to eradicate our reliance on Coal, Petrol and Gas. It may be expensive, but if everyone was working on new technologies for Solar, Wind and other forms of energy the technology would evolve and cheapen rapidly. Too bad it won't happen whilst Fossil Fuels are still abundant and these nations still profit so highly from their use.