By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WindWaker remake is the best looking WiiU game

MDMAlliance said:
runqvist said:
MDMAlliance said:

It arguably looks better than a lot of games from this (last) gen.  I think the art style is what's stifiling your opinion on the graphics.  

So you base your argument on artstyle and looking better than a lot of wii/ds games? Or what?

Not talking about Wii/DS games, I'm talking about PS3 and 360 games.  Why the hell would I be talking about DS games?  

You said last gen and as far as I know, DS is part of last gen.

I really don't see how that looks better than more than few PS360 games and when you want to take art style in the argument, the list shortens even more.

Around the Network
runqvist said:
MDMAlliance said:
runqvist said:
MDMAlliance said:

It arguably looks better than a lot of games from this (last) gen.  I think the art style is what's stifiling your opinion on the graphics.  

So you base your argument on artstyle and looking better than a lot of wii/ds games? Or what?

Not talking about Wii/DS games, I'm talking about PS3 and 360 games.  Why the hell would I be talking about DS games?  

You said last gen and as far as I know, DS is part of last gen.

I really don't see how that looks better than more than few PS360 games and when you want to take art style in the argument, the list shortens even more.

Handheld generations and Home Console generations are different.  You're never supposed to compare them.  

I also am thinking you don't really know too much about what's going on in these screenshots that make them look good.  The art style they're going with in Wind Waker HD is supposed to still be similar to its original, which was very cartoon-like.  That means they're using certain colors and certain kinds of textures in this game that make it look more like as if it were a cartoon.  Because of that, it may look like it has worse graphics than a game that attempts to look more like real life.

dahuman said:
disolitude said:
I haven't seen these screenshots...but does it look better than 5760x1080 3 monitor Dolphin emulator version on the PC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIn5uvOT4Tc

It looks different, not sure how well people will recieve it though, the lighting is a lot more modern, I think it comes down to preference.

Yeah I finally saw the screenshots...looks great.  Dolphin WiiU has it's work cut out for it. :)

I have a soft spot for the original graphics, but I can't lie... this HD remake looks spectacular. I think it has a sleek maritime look, without sacrificing the color and charm of the original. Plus I like the idea of revisiting previous Zelda games with different artstyle. I sort of wish Ocarina of Time 3D was more bold this way.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
I have a soft spot for the original graphics, but I can't lie... this HD remake looks spectacular. I think it has a sleek maritime look, without sacrificing the color and charm of the original. Plus I like the idea of revisiting previous Zelda games with different artstyle. I sort of wish Ocarina of Time 3D was more bold this way.

Ocarina of Time 3D was still a big step up from the original, but I know what you mean.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
F0X said:

Ocarina of Time 3D was still a big step up from the original, but I know what you mean.

Right. They more or less reused the art assets from OOT and tried their hardest to be faithful to the original vision. For Wind Waker HD, I think a brilliant new interpretation of the art design makes quite a bit of sense, in order to make full use of Wii U's capabilities including HD.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
MDMAlliance said:
F0X said:

Right. They more or less reused the art assets from OOT and tried their hardest to be faithful to the original vision. For Wind Waker HD, I think a brilliant new interpretation of the art design makes quite a bit of sense, in order to make full use of Wii U's capabilities including HD.

Some of the things that were definitely upgraded in OoT3D was some of the designs of the buildings, better textures, better accuracy controls, and I noticed that the Temple of Time had reflective floors (I loved that).  

MDMAlliance said:
F0X said:
MDMAlliance said:
F0X said:

Some of the things that were definitely upgraded in OoT3D was some of the designs of the buildings, better textures, better accuracy controls, and I noticed that the Temple of Time had reflective floors (I loved that).  

My point being that Ocarina of Time 3D was an upgrade, but I wish it was more of a reinvention like Wind Waker HD is shaping up to be.

When I saw the pictures I was impressed and very hyped because Wind Waker is my favorite game ever. So I'm gonna have to go buy me a Wii U now.

I'll have to see it in action to know for sure, but the characters look a bit lifeless compared top the GameCube version. It's almost like comparing SSBB toon Link to WW Link. The lighting is impressive, as seems to be the case with most Wii U exclusives, but I'm kind of hoping this is just a target render.