By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WindWaker remake is the best looking WiiU game

KHlover said:
Wander_ said:

Seems like the talk i had with Turkish worked

Long Live Nintendo.

What do you think about Project X? I know you weren't exactly a big Nintendo fan (except for Zelda of course), what did this Nintendo Direct do to change your mind?

I was very dissapointed. i thought that they would announce everything at E3 to try to steal the spotlight away from Sony/PS4 & Microsoft/Xbox720, But they didn't and that would bite them in the ass if they don't have any surprises left.

Project x is a fighting game and i'm not a big fan of fighting games

Around the Network
Wander_ said:

I was very dissapointed. i thought that they would announce everything at E3 to try to steal the spotlight away from Sony/PS4 & Microsoft/Xbox720, But they didn't and that would bite them in the ass if they don't have any surprises left.

Why speak past-tense about something that hasn't happened yet? lol

It's very likely they have more to announce, and I think what they did was a good way to get more people to pay attention to their e3 rather than just skip it because people know that the new consoles are going to be announced.

Wander_ said:
KHlover said:
Wander_ said:

Seems like the talk i had with Turkish worked

Long Live Nintendo.

What do you think about Project X? I know you weren't exactly a big Nintendo fan (except for Zelda of course), what did this Nintendo Direct do to change your mind?

Well, they kept the REALLY big trailers like Legend of Zelda U, Mario Kart U, Super Smash Bros. U and a new 3D Mario for E3, trailers hype me up more than pure announcements.

BTW: After the Nintendo Direct I think the chance for LoZ:U releasing 2015 is bigger than the chance of it releasing 2016 :D 

MDMAlliance said:
runqvist said:

Haha. Okay I will tell you. I don't see anything which would impress me. Absolutely nothing. Are you happy now?

Now can you tell me what is it that I am supposed to be impressed about?

Not sure if you are trolling or are just incapable, but that didn't explain anything further than what your initial comment said.

I also cannot tell you what you personally should be impressed about.  I am not you.  

I can say what I find impressive about it, as it is a really big step up from the GC version of the game.  It also has some pretty nice textures and lighting, and its draw distance seems to have been improved.  Not only that, but it has some time to be polished and have improved textures on the trees and leaves.  

Ahh.. I see. You are impressed that the game looks better than GC game. Well I am not that easily impressed. When it comes to next gen consoles, I would really like to see bit more than "it looks better than game from 2 gens ago".

KHlover said:
Wander_ said:

Well, they kept the REALLY big trailers like Legend of Zelda U, Mario Kart U, Super Smash Bros. U and a new 3D Mario for E3, trailers hype me up more than pure announcements.

BTW: After the Nintendo Direct I think the chance for LoZ:U releasing 2015 is bigger than the chance of it releasing 2016 :D

I think i'll back down from my bet, i was drunk!!

Around the Network
runqvist said:
MDMAlliance said:
runqvist said:

Haha. Okay I will tell you. I don't see anything which would impress me. Absolutely nothing. Are you happy now?

Now can you tell me what is it that I am supposed to be impressed about?

Not sure if you are trolling or are just incapable, but that didn't explain anything further than what your initial comment said.

I also cannot tell you what you personally should be impressed about.  I am not you.  

I can say what I find impressive about it, as it is a really big step up from the GC version of the game.  It also has some pretty nice textures and lighting, and its draw distance seems to have been improved.  Not only that, but it has some time to be polished and have improved textures on the trees and leaves.  

Ahh.. I see. You are impressed that the game looks better than GC game. Well I am not that easily impressed. When it comes to next gen consoles, I would really like to see bit more than "it looks better than game from 2 gens ago".

It arguably looks better than a lot of games from this (last) gen.  I think the art style is what's stifiling your opinion on the graphics.  

MDMAlliance said:

It arguably looks better than a lot of games from this (last) gen.  I think the art style is what's stifiling your opinion on the graphics.  

So you base your argument on artstyle and looking better than a lot of wii/ds games? Or what?

wind waker has a great look, i always thought it was the most interesting looking zelda, and the only one i would really like to play, the game on the WiiU looks pretty good. but trine 2 looks so much better than this

Wander_ said:
KHlover said:
Wander_ said:

I think i'll back down from my bet, i was drunk!!

I've sent you the conditions :D

runqvist said:
MDMAlliance said:

So you base your argument on artstyle and looking better than a lot of wii/ds games? Or what?

Not talking about Wii/DS games, I'm talking about PS3 and 360 games.  Why the hell would I be talking about DS games?