By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "How I got banned from Miiverse" by d21lewis

Miiverse was designed to talk about games. If you want to talk about yourself get a likfe or go to Facebook.

Around the Network

Bloody hell, Lewis has it again!!! The nude photo's on the 3DS that a kid found out wasn't enough for you??? ROFL!!!

I feel for you Lewy, but you gotta understand that that place has kids in it for the majority and this Nintendo we're talking, but you already knew that and posters here already explained, so I won't go any further...
Actually I wanna say one thing, your last strike really did take the toll. I mean the word "menstruation" was cleary a target for a red flag. Something that doesn't come out from a elementary school. lol
Now Nintendo does have a filterimg system to block out words that can't be posted, but cleary they don't have all of them in place...

I will have to say the mods in miiVerse are doing their job to make it a friendly enviroment, but it's actually a bit ludicrious. Like Screamapillar said, they need something like a filtering system that hides post from adults users from the view point of under aged users...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Some are saying why not have two Miiverse services, say one for kids/teens, another for Adults (two set of rules)

This wont necessarily work as intended

1. People can lie about their age
a) Kids may find migrating to older forums fun/cooler
b) Some Adults may find if "fun" to migrate to kids forums posing as kids

2. Split forums means
a) Kids don't get as much advice on games they want
b) There will be fewer examples of maturity from older players for the young ones
c) Adults miss out on passing on their knowledge/nostalgia to the newer/younger players
d) A split community could harm the community "feel/vibe" (Not what Nintendo wants)

3. Having a kids forum, is a bit like fish in a barrel for some adults

4. Many Adults also want to have a care free environment to talk about games (surprise) (Under a single set of rules)

5. Much easier on costs/logistics for Nintendo to have one system, one set of rules

What's wrong with Nintendo? I thought they were Japanese, not Chinese. lol

Anyway, d21lewis, enjoy your next two weeks after your ban ends of Miiverse...because that's about as long as you're going to last on there.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Simple... don't post anything that links to other sites or could in any way be profane. Its really not that hard.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:
Simple... don't post anything that links to other sites or could in any way be profane. Its really not that hard.

I wished the same held true for VGC. I still have nightmares from your PM last week.

Its better than the pics you sent me.

Sounds like you asked for it. I thought it was damned obvious what Nintendo's policy was gonna be when they announced that they had a dedicated group of censors on the service.

Some people say the internet is a toilet and people say things they would never say to another person if it was a face to face confrontation with consequences attached. Nintendo has created their service to account for that. Would you have made they joke if you were standing in front of a 5 year old and his mother? Of course not.

Wanna know how to beat Nintendo's censors? Act like everything you say is infront of a mother with a 5 year old sitting on her lap.

chocoloco said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes, Miiverse is a place to mainly talk about Nintendo products and arrange playing games on Nintendo platforms together. Do you think Sony and Microsoft would allow it on their own Miiverse equivalent (if they ever make one) that people invite other people to play on other platforms? 

They do have it on the PS3. For years it has bee known as the only reason to own a PS3, Playstation home. It is the most badass, edgy, mouthy, visceral, immature social network out there because it is Playstation. In fact, that is all I use my PS3 for.

I think D21 Lewis who clearly needs to be kept locked away from all children would be more at home here.

Just like d21 testified... Home is full of desperate males wanting to score with anyone that has a female character.  You should have seen this one girl on Miiverse that was underage being harassed by some desperate fuck.  He practically wanted to meet up with her/get her number.  If anything I agree.  Nintendo should safe guard its users from people that are so desperate to try and meet up.  There are a lot of sick fucks in this world.  

Well, you could try to make a public apology. And, make it long, with perfect grammar, so they can see you're honest and aren't just pulling their legs so you can get some more joke opportunities.

If it isn't a joke you'd share with your best friend's grandma on your first time meeting her, don't use the joke. Also, stop trying to get people to play with you on other consoles. I'd imagine a lot of people wont care that you own other consoles anyway... Or... you know... ignore me, and keep doing what got you banned.

I don't like moderation when it's that strict (which makes me question why I keep coming back here) so, you've made me less interested in Wii U.

A message from Nintendo: My "post contained personal information so it was removed."

Okay, post "I live on planet Earth" and let's see what happens.