By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "How I got banned from Miiverse" by d21lewis

d21lewis said:

Apparently Nintendo doesn't like my style of posting.  Today, when I logged into my profile and tried to post some Arkham City pics on Miiverse, I was met with the sobering reality of the situation.  I was banned.  How did this come to be?  Let's look back.

November 24, 2012

I created a profile that said: "I've grown up with Nintendo since the Nes.  Ex-Cop/Ex-Airforce.  VGChart'z favorite son and all around good guy.  I'm the "Method Man" of the Wii U Tang Clan.

• Twitter: d21lewis
  • PSN ID: d21lewis
  • XBL Gamertag: d21lewis"

That resulted in my profile being unavailable for viewing by anybody in the Miiverse.  The reason?  It was an attempt to "arrange a real-world meet-up"

The result-I edited my profile to leave out the other places where I'm called d21lewis and all was well.

December 24, 2012

After a month of good behavior, I was back on Nintendo's bad side.  I posted in the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Community:

"Got the 360 version for somebody else as a gift, today.  It supports 3D! AND NUKE TOWN!!"

A user by the name of "angry pat" replied: "You're a pu$$y loser"

I responded: "!? I  own every console.  I'm a pu$$y winner!"

That resulted in my post being removed for containing sexually explicit content.  Strangely, the guy to whom I responded wasn't modded until muuuuch later.  Anyway, let me note that the Wii U versions of Black Ops 2 and Batman Arkham City do not support 3D mode.  A bit of a big deal for me.  Couldn't find the info on the internet so I posted it on Miiverse.

January 4, 2013

A user by the name of *Raizo* posted in the BlOps II forum:  "My friend owns this on PS3 and comes over to play on Wii U.  That must be saying something."

I responded: "I own a PS3 and a 360 (d21lewis on both) and I'm on the Wii U most of the time.  That also says something!"

The result:   A message from Nintendo: My "post contained personal information so it was removed."  "It contained information related to an outside service (such as a user name or ID) or links to external websites that could be used to contact me directly."

I thought I was singing Nintendo's praises and offering proof that I really was a PS3/360 owner.  Mario was unmoved by my gesture.

January 1, 2013

The final straw.  a user by the name of angel posted "." (a picture of a dot)

I responded: Menstruation jokes are not funny. Period.

It took Nintendo almost a month to find my post but when they did, they hit hard.  I woke up this morning to find that I was banned at about 9pm last night.  I was a dead man walking for a post I made on New Year's Day.

So, if you're going to go on Nintendo's Miiverse, know this:  Princess Peach rules with an iron fist.  She's not fucking around.  If it can be interpreted as offensive, Nintendo WILL take action.  No Miiverse for me for two weeks with the stern warning that any more bullshit from me will result in a permanent ban. 

Now, I don't know what to do. :(

This is fucking awesome.

I don't know how I managed to go ~2 weeks without seeing this thread but damn.  Now to read beyond the OP...

We need to make wagers on when d21 will be permabanned...