By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Monolith Soft Game - Codenamed "X" - In-game footage!

The overall art design looks a bit like Final Fantasy XIII, with less bright colors. I would like to see the saturation turned up a bit so it looks a bit more colorful, like JRPG's should be (And like Xeno did).

It's graphics are comparable to Final Fantasy 13, the major difference being that the fingers dont look blocky. The foliage leaves something to be desired, much like FFXIII.

It doesnt hold a candle to games like Uncharted, but for an RPG with what looks like a World Map, its impressive!

We will have to see Final Fantasy Versus 13 in some extended action to have a real comparison of HD Open World Map RPG's.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

Around the Network
oni-link said:
DélioPT said:
oni-link said:
DélioPT said:
^ Yup. I mean Halo 4 and Last of Us look great, but even with such low quality video, X just seems amazing.

What's scary is that these are just the first gen (the real one no ports) games for the Wii U.  I am so excited for next-gen gaming for ALL next-gen systems (720,PS4 and Wii U).  I am still happy with my 360 though so I probably won't jump on the 720 right away.

That`s true.
This is the first game to actually show what Wii U can really do and it looks great. Of course, with time, like any other console, things will get even better.
And if Xbox 720 and PS4 are even better, the same rules will apply.

Yeah, I agree especially when I am expecting the 720 or PS4 to be more powerful than the Wii U (about 2-2.5x more powerful my expectations) that next gen consoles are gonna be competitive despite the challenges it faces against upstarts like Steambox, Ouya, Shield, and so called Smart Devices in general.

I'm expecting 3-4 times more powerful myself but even then it's still in the same ballpark in the grand scheme of things. There are going to be plenty of Sony and Microsoft fanboys disappointed this gen, a great deal of them are expecting the difference between the Wii U, PS4 and 720 to be the same gulf between the Wii and the HD twins. The most important thing about the Wii U is the GPU and the architecture they've chosen, it's going to be easier to port between all 3 consoles this gen than it currently is to port between the Wii U, PS3 and 360. Sorry, I digressed a little there, on topic: This game is looking fantastic already, although they've probably been working on it for a while considering that they finished Xenoblade Chronicles in 2010 with split teams working on the European and US versions. They would have been one of the first developers to receive devkits so I'd say it's been in development for anywhere between a year and 18 months already so we could be looking at a release date of late 2013 or early 2014. What they managed on the Wii hardware was technically very impressive, can't wait to see how this turns out!

ToraTiger said:
Three improvements I want to see in X.

Firstly, please Nintendo give us this in 1080p. This will look amazing running at 60fps and 1080p. *A*
That will make me pick a Wii U INSTANTLY.

1. Online component.
2. Better character design please. (Please..)
3. Make it a true sequel. XD

Considering it's an open-world jrpg, I don't expect 60fps, Xenoblade ran at 30 (25 in PAL regions)

1080p seems very possible though.

About 3. I don't actually want that. The characters aren't THAT memorable. I want something to make this a splash, an entirely new story and world, with better characters. The only one I really liked was Dunban.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
ToraTiger said:

Firstly, please Nintendo give us this in 1080p. This will look amazing running at 60fps and 1080p. *A*

1. Online component.

Considering it's an open-world jrpg, I don't expect 60fps, Xenoblade ran at 30 (25 in PAL regions)

About 3. I don't actually want that. The characters aren't THAT memorable. I want something to make this a splash, an entirely new story and world, with better characters. The only one I really liked was Dunban.

I agree.  Dunban was the only one I thought was memerable or cool. XD

Edit:  I'm hoping for it.  I think the resolutioin is WAY more important than detail, shaders, ect.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Soriku said:
Viper1 said:
ToraTiger said:

1. Online component.

Numer 1 is already a given.  Watch the video again.  It has a poitn where real time chat comments are being made.  You can only do that with an online component.

Number 3 seems likely as well.  The character shown near the end looks a lot like Shulk.

1 you're right about. 3, maybe. It looks like Shulk but the character might be different.

As for 2, the character designer is Kunihiko Tanaka who did the character designs for Xenosaga 1, 2, and Xenogears so the character design is guaranteed to be better. Here's Tanaka's versions of Shulk and Fiora:

I was wondering why this imaged standed out the most out of the art book for me.  XD

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

Around the Network

It looks to me as if the character in the trailer is Shulk with a different eye color.
Meaning that he's probably Shulk in the process of having a vision.

If this game's plot is going to be connected to Xenoblade, Shulk is the most logical point of connection. I shall tiptoe around spoilers here. It's entirely possible to have a new cast of characters in a new world while still taking place in the same universe as Xenoblade, thanks to the Monado, the Sword of Plot Devices, and the events of Xenoblade's ending.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

ToraTiger said:
Otakumegane said:
ToraTiger said:

1. Online component.

Edit:  I'm hoping for it.  I think the resolutioin is WAY more important than detail, shaders, ect.

I'll take shaders over the differnce between 720p and 1080p any day.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
ToraTiger said:
Otakumegane said:
ToraTiger said:

1. Online component.

I have a very large TV, with a very good display, and I can noticable tell the diference.  Though I do think that shaders are the most important part of morden graphics. 

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

The texture work for a game this size is incredible. Imo it really is what the next gen should be about. Huge open worlds with detail like this and near limitless expanses of land to explore. Im glad nintendo grabbed up Monolith

Games are fun.

Viper1 said:
ToraTiger said:
Otakumegane said:
ToraTiger said:

1. Online component.

Same here. For a game like this I'll also take 30fps with more detail over 60fps with less.