By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Earthbound coming to Wii U by Monolith Soft?

http://www.capsulecomputers.asia/2013/01/earthbound-coming-to-wii-u/

The lights are on bright tonight for Nintendo’s Wii U Direct conference where they promise to announce new Wii U titles along with provide details on previously announced titles. As is usually the case with such conferences, hype is already building across the gaming community with speculation reaching boiling point. Following the hype and clues left behind by developers can be somewhat eye-opening.

One developer, Monolith Soft have been burning a quiet revolution by giving away hint after hint at a potential Wii U title and all signs point to Earthbound.

If you have been following Monolith Soft since their announcement of developing a new RPG for the Wii U, you will probably have noticed a number of hints that directly hint at a brand new Earthbound title for the Wii U. The first and most obvious allusion to a possible Earthbound is the artwork for the Monolith Wii U title which you can see to the right.

On top of that Soraya Saga, game designer at Monolith Soft and wife of president of the company took to twitter with hints towards Earthbound Wii U being announced at tonight’s conference. Saga posted an interesting tweet which speaks of looking towards a shooting star and constellations. She also retweeted the news that the Nintendo Direct conference would take place tonight.

Perhaps the most interesting news is that of Shigesato Itoi the original producer and director of the Earthbound (Mother) franchise. He tweeted only a few days ago that fans should not forget about the ‘Resurrection of MOTHER’. This follows previous tweets where he confirmed that there will be another Earthbound title but he could not detail it any further.

What do you think? Will a new Earthbound game be announced for the Wii U at tonight’s Nintendo Direct conference? Let us know in the comments section below.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

o thank god... i thought another nintendoom thread

Rumors like these make it really hard for me not to get hyped...

Have a nice day...

I hope not. I want it to be original

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

that would be amazing! monolith would be the perfect studio for it too...

Around the Network

To good to be true, so I'll go ahead and say no.

Also, I remember that same guy who tweeted about the resurection of earthbound after being asked if it was a new game, he answered that it was'nt. Monolift Soft working on a HD remaster of Earthbound? Impossible cause it would be a huge waste of talent.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Ima say no, but eh I'd be very happy if so.

Goodness, no! Please don't put Monolith Soft on a project like that! Put Monolith Soft on a new Baten Kaitos or a new Xeno game or new IP altogether!

It might be good! Ness and Lucas team up lmao...
I wont lie im so hyped! Trying not to but after wat they did last time (pokemon) this is pressuring

Nintendomination confirmed soon? Lets hope so. 3DS already won with out starting! Praying the Wii U can Delivery just as well!

No. Just, no. Itoi said last week on Twitter that a new Mother game "isn't happening".

If a Monolith Wii U game does get announced, I think it will be similar to Xenoblade with more of a Western-audience focus.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.