By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow - Wind Waker HD/3D Mario/Mario Kart/New Monolith game/Yoshi's Epic Yarn and more!

ulieq said:
Maris said:
Blah, I just realized that if "new games" goes by the bare minimum of 2, it'll probably just be an official Nintendo unveiling of localized Project X Zone and the Wii U port of RE: Revelations.

RE is not coming to Wii U.

lol... umm yeah it is.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Vinniegambini said:
HYPE :)

Don't get too hyped. Don't you remember E3 last year?

I know but it seems like an announcement a la Pokemon X and Y to build some momentum for the Wii U :p  So I am hopeful not you lol?

NintendoPie said:
trestres said:
OK this Nintendo Direct was timed at 1 week before the investors roundtable and earning briefing for the last quarter come out. This is Nintendo in panic mode trying to create at least some confidence in investors mostly, as if had the briefing come out without any new games announced, things would be getting terribly bad considering the dire state of the Wii U at the moment. Iwata will be telling investors "content will be coming, examples are XXX, XXX2 and XXX3" which will be shown tomorrow.

However, if this exciting "new" content is anything like the RE: Revelations game, I think Nintendo will be in deep trouble. I've just seen screenshots for the Wii U version and the game looks like a GC game. I don't think this will move any significant amount of hardware or create buzz among players, this is a port of a year+ old game coming from a much weaker machine. Oh and it's also coming to PC, 360 and PS3. This game will nonetheless bomb.

Hopefully tomorrow announcements will be different. Console needs big 3rd party support, no more ports or lazy products touted as great support. Nintendo has their last chance to generate big buzz before the next Sony and MS systems start to take the spotlight.

This is the first step to them creating that buzz. We'll see what they have to say, then we can start calling them out on how bad they are at selling their new consoles in the beginning.

Nintendo simply announced the inevitable, their console is dipping really low. There was no way they would go to the investors round with a pessimistic outlook and no foreseeable solution. Nintendo is just trying to save face at the moment.
We'll see tomorrow how things turn out, but I'm not too confident this time.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

NintendoPie said:
Vinniegambini said:
HYPE :)

Don't get too hyped. Don't you remember E3 last year?

I remember being let down by E3 and then almost immediately afterwards being hit by a few bombshells.

That instance was proof that your body must always be ready.

trestres said:

Nintendo simply announced the inevitable, their console is dipping really low. There was no way they would go to the investors round with a pessimistic outlook and no foreseeable solution. Nintendo is just trying to save face at the moment.
We'll see tomorrow how things turn out, but I'm not too confident this time.

Oh, trust me. I'm not confident about any sort of Nintendo "Conference" after what happened last year. I'm just saying they could be trying to take the right steps, this time. We should hold off before calling this an abolute failure.

Around the Network

tagging, hopefully we'll get good news :)

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

the_dengle said:

I remember being let down by E3 and then almost immediately afterwards being hit by a few bombshells.

What were the bombshells? Those fireworks at the end of the conference?

NintendoPie said:
the_dengle said:

What were the bombshells? Those fireworks at the end of the conference?

3DS XL, NSMB2 DLC, 8-bit summer, Bamco collaborating on Smash Bros, Layton localization... I did say after E3.

tagging, we'll see

Maybe a release date for Pikman.