By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow - Wind Waker HD/3D Mario/Mario Kart/New Monolith game/Yoshi's Epic Yarn and more!

DélioPT said:
Guesses on what what games will be revealed:

GTA V
Splinter Cell
Watch Dogs
Yoshi`s Island Wii U
Virtual Console announced for the 2Q
A few eshop games

I have a feeling you may be disappointed :/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I mostly hope that they will announce the Virtual Console and it will be seeing release sometime soon. I would definately buy the Wii U if they announce some GCN games for it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

So we're pretty assured RE game will be there. But that can't be the only thing discussed.

Likely some info on Pikmin3 and wonderful101 as those were supposed to be launch window games and have fell silent recently.

Also likely would be digital related info like a resurgence of VC. If they do this, they better damn well say Wii content will be moved to WiiU's version. Nintendo can't be so stupid to expect people to repurchase that. I can kinda expect it between portable and home consoles... but even there it seems f'ed up considering the stores are being linked with a common NNID. I swear I'll stop buying anything but 1st party retail discs from this point on and definitely pick up a neXtBox/PS4 if they try to screw us over like that.

trestres said:
OK this Nintendo Direct was timed at 1 week before the investors roundtable and earning briefing for the last quarter come out. This is Nintendo in panic mode trying to create at least some confidence in investors mostly, as if had the briefing come out without any new games announced, things would be getting terribly bad considering the dire state of the Wii U at the moment. Iwata will be telling investors "content will be coming, examples are XXX, XXX2 and XXX3" which will be shown tomorrow.

However, if this exciting "new" content is anything like the RE: Revelations game, I think Nintendo will be in deep trouble. I've just seen screenshots for the Wii U version and the game looks like a GC game. I don't think this will move any significant amount of hardware or create buzz among players, this is a port of a year+ old game coming from a much weaker machine. Oh and it's also coming to PC, 360 and PS3. This game will nonetheless bomb.

Hopefully tomorrow announcements will be different. Console needs big 3rd party support, no more ports or lazy products touted as great support. Nintendo has their last chance to generate big buzz before the next Sony and MS systems start to take the spotlight.

Being a port from a handheld means that Capcom has to have restricted expectations for it. Small budget and a 4-platform spread, it might do better on 360 or PS3 (merely because of a lack of overlap with the 3DS fanbase that might have bought the game already), but it will not be a "bomb" in the sense of falling below Capcom's expectations, unless Capcom is insane (which is quite possible).

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:
DélioPT said:
Guesses on what what games will be revealed:

GTA V
Splinter Cell
Watch Dogs
Yoshi`s Island Wii U
Virtual Console announced for the 2Q
A few eshop games

I have a feeling you may be disappointed :/

Yep, that's more likely.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Hope it gets announced for NA... but I still enjoy hearing any news that comes from Nintendo

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Retro Studio & Monolith Soft On The Way

I somehow believe Revelations U port will be there.
Wii Fit U, Game and Wario are almost a given.
Pikmin and TW101 are more likely to just be shown.
Maybe Panorama view and TVii coming to Japan and EU.

NA will announce the dates of the games in a PR.

Edit: Me and my shitty predictions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

N-Magic said:
Retro Studio & Monolith Soft On The Way

That would be nice, but it strikes me as more E3 to me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mr Khan said:
trestres said:
OK this Nintendo Direct was timed at 1 week before the investors roundtable and earning briefing for the last quarter come out. This is Nintendo in panic mode trying to create at least some confidence in investors mostly, as if had the briefing come out without any new games announced, things would be getting terribly bad considering the dire state of the Wii U at the moment. Iwata will be telling investors "content will be coming, examples are XXX, XXX2 and XXX3" which will be shown tomorrow.

However, if this exciting "new" content is anything like the RE: Revelations game, I think Nintendo will be in deep trouble. I've just seen screenshots for the Wii U version and the game looks like a GC game. I don't think this will move any significant amount of hardware or create buzz among players, this is a port of a year+ old game coming from a much weaker machine. Oh and it's also coming to PC, 360 and PS3. This game will nonetheless bomb.

Hopefully tomorrow announcements will be different. Console needs big 3rd party support, no more ports or lazy products touted as great support. Nintendo has their last chance to generate big buzz before the next Sony and MS systems start to take the spotlight.

Being a port from a handheld means that Capcom has to have restricted expectations for it. Small budget and a 4-platform spread, it might do better on 360 or PS3 (merely because of a lack of overlap with the 3DS fanbase that might have bought the game already), but it will not be a "bomb" in the sense of falling below Capcom's expectations, unless Capcom is insane (which is quite possible).

Yeah, perhaps bomb was a little harsh and not representative financially. I have ckecked screenshots of the game in the ONM page and it really does look subpar, more like a GC game than anything. Game might be seen as a bomb on individual platforms being PC and Wii U the versions with the lowest sales, after all X360 and PS3 have garnered a big audience and have gotten already 2 main games alongside with several other remasters and collections, but overall the game will most definitely not bomb.

Edit: But looking at the price tag, this game has a chance to remain on shelves for a long time.

Capcom however continues its tradition of milking a game until it feels burned. Always remember, never buy Capcom's products day one, you will get a better version later on, everyone should avoid their cash in attempts.

I do hope that this is by no means a "test game" for the Wii U, since it will bomb. But who am I fooling, this is a test game from them.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies