By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Oh no... IGN: "Sony Will Let Microsoft Make First Move - Hirai sees no point in announcing first."

Like last generation they waited to c wat Xbox 360 like and they released ps3 more powerful . Sony = copy cat and scared

Around the Network

Announcement timing is not a big deal the realease is what matters. Release at same time at same or better price as 720 with improved PSN features and PS4 will do very well. Sony has changed and will be much more devolper friendly this gen and have the studios to put out more exclusive content. MS will have to continue to pay for timed exclusive deals. I do see MS going after the Wii crowd with Kinect 2.0 though hopefully it works and can actually be used by devs effectively. Since the people that made Wii a run away success arent flocking to the U.

dj2one said:
Announcement timing is not a big deal the realease is what matters. Release at same time at same or better price as 720 with improved PSN features and PS4 will do very well. Sony has changed and will be much more devolper friendly this gen and have the studios to put out more exclusive content. MS will have to continue to pay for timed exclusive deals. I do see MS going after the Wii crowd with Kinect 2.0 though hopefully it works and can actually be used by devs effectively. Since the people that made Wii a run away success arent flocking to the U.

They surely meant release. Just because something  announced doesn't mean that they'll announce the specs too. How will Sony know what to do when they don't even know what it's fully capable of? Rushing in knowing only half would be suicide.

Wander_ said:
ironmanDX said:
Wander_ said:
Great strategy, Hope it works out for them.

Not sure if sarcasm.....

Well it worked with the PS3, Microsoft rushed the 360 and it had a bad first impression. Sony doesn't want that to happen to them. Nothing wrong with being last.

It did, but not very well. They're well down gen on gen. The Xbox was the last to release last gen and it got dominated. This gen has lasted the longest out of all before it, I think that MS is ready on the hardware part.

Most of the specs should be set in stone by now. You can't add more cores or put a higher bus width with so little time to the launch. You can tweak frequencies, change a bit the form factor, put a better or a cheaper refrigeration system... but you can't change much of what you are going to launch in less than a year.

Up to the launch it's a race to have a better SDK and the most polished launch games, a software race. It isn't a hardware arms race, it is mostly fixed by now. He's talking PR language.

Around the Network

When has PR talk ever meant anything but the opposite. I read this as "ps4 to be revealed soon".

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

"Surely his comments are slightly disingenuous"

Ya think???

Regardless, I sure hope Sony doesn't have a litany of target render videos made to look like gameplay again. I know they're not the only ones guilty of it, but I really don't think that kind of FUD is going to work this time around.

Birimbau said:
It means that, if 720 is announced at E3, PS4 will only be announced, at least, at TGS?

No new console has ever been announced at e3 so i doubt the 720 will be then, it would be earlier id imagine

HesAPooka said:
Of course you'd want to announce second. You get to see what the competition shows off, and than determine what you have to do in order to outshine them. Worst thing that could happen is if Sony shows a little bit of the ps4, and than a week later Microsoft goes all out and really out does them and kills all the Sony buzz.

This. Sony wants the upper hand on the reveal. That don't want to risk being shown up on presentation. Announcing last will give them an edge on their conference.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I'm thinking this was already posted...

Anyhow, I think this idea is kind of ridiculous. It's not like Nintendo or MS can all of the sudden change their specs to what Sony is doing.