By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Oh no... IGN: "Sony Will Let Microsoft Make First Move - Hirai sees no point in announcing first."

phinch1 said:
announce and release are two different things

Yeah, that's what I got from it too.  I don't see Sony releasing significantly later than Microsoft this time, but then may well wish to announce it after the nextbox is shown.

Around the Network

I think he is implying, that they will announce the PS4 later, not release it

kaz obviously wants to steal the nextbox's hype

arminuk said:
Like last generation they waited to c wat Xbox 360 like and they released ps3 more powerful . Sony = copy cat and scared

Yeah because all consoles are announced at MTV and 360 had bluray and Cell. What you said didn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Turkish said:
arminuk said:
Like last generation they waited to c wat Xbox 360 like and they released ps3 more powerful . Sony = copy cat and scared

Yeah because all consoles are announced at MTV and 360 had bluray and Cell. What you said didn't make the slightest bit of sense.

His spelling also gave me a head ache trying to read it

Anyone who thought Sony was going to not only announce first but release b4 M$ is in for a rude awakening. Sony is in no position to launch a new console at the moment, and if they botch this launch, they may not be able to recover this time.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
D-Joe said:

What will happen if few days later,MS announce "We Will Let Sony Make First Move"?

they will count to three and say it at the same time, but then neither will say it because they want the other one to first.  This will continue for some hours.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

hmm, seems to me that Sony is more interested in seeing the Xbox 720 because they are not sure what to do with the PS4. A lot of people here blame Sony for releasing a year after Microsoft and claim the head start was a big factor in the PS3's poor performance, and I think that will be a big factor next generation too.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

This is like the Cold War. Except its video game consoles.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BasilZero said:
D-Joe said:

What will happen if few days later,MS announce "We Will Let Sony Make First Move"?

Wii-U wins confirmed

I totally forgot about the Wii-U. It's trying to catch up to the 360.

MoHasanie said:
hmm, seems to me that Sony is more interested in seeing the Xbox 720 because they are not sure what to do with the PS4. A lot of people here blame Sony for releasing a year after Microsoft and claim the head start was a big factor in the PS3's poor performance, and I think that will be a big factor next generation too.

Meh, you are talking about a hardware company that has been working on Orbis for three years now and have pratically closed the specs already as the dev kids have been out for a long time now.

Hirai is a damn smart man who probably just wants MS to announce pricing and HDD specs first in a way to make sure Orbis is perceived as having the better perception of value before the consumers, when it is announced and released.