By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Awakening demo up on eShop!

Otakumegane said:

I'll try, but only for my 3rd playthrough or something. As for the 3D being better on the field, I hope you're referring to the ash in the 1st chapter, that surprised me.

Yeah the ash and debri was really nice. Also, in the prologue there was something oddly neat looking about the buildings popping up. It might just be me, but I really liked the 3D for the battlefield, but I felt the cutscenes and battle scenes were underwhelming. It just didn't have the depth that I thought it would have and that other 3DS games have.

Around the Network

Am I the only one around here who thought hard was hard? I lost like 2 or 3 characters on chapter one. And since I want to play on classic I think I will play on normal since I don't think I'll be able to deal with losing 1 or 2 (or more as the game gets harder) character per chapters.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:
Am I the only one around here who thought hard was hard? I lost like 2 or 3 characters on chapter one. And since I want to play on classic I think I will play on normal since I don't think I'll be able to deal with losing 1 or 2 (or more as the game gets harder) character per chapters.

Use pairing up wisely, don't assume FE formulas will stay the same, to beat hard and lunatic it pretty much requires you to learn pairing and standing next to each other.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Metrium said:

Well, it was easy for me because of Frederick. The simplest tip I can give is exploit Frederick to deal damage and draw out enemies while keeping your other characters at a decent distance and take advantage of pairing (really pay attention to enemy ranges and weapon advantages/disadvantages when attacking), but keep them close enough so they can attack some enemies and make sure Lissa is never within an enemies' range, ever.

Soriku said:
MentalAlliance said:

Well, it was easy for me because of Frederick. The simplest tip I can give is exploit Frederick to deal damage and draw out enemies while keeping your other characters at a decent distance and take advantage of pairing (really pay attention to enemy ranges and weapon advantages/disadvantages when attacking), but keep them close enough so they can attack some enemies and make sure Lissa is never within an enemies' range, ever.

Wouldn't that put you at a disadvantage in regards to levels for your other characters? I mean I'd do the same since Frederick is just really powerful, but I'd be worried I'm neglecting giving my other party members EXP and having them lag behind and getting crushed later. Or can you just do some "free battle" grinding after a tough chapter to get your party's level up to where it should be?

Actually, good point. I remember in Fire Emblem (GBA) I was worrying that I would rely on my knights too much and have my other characters lag behind, but because this was just a demo I didn't really think about that. However, whenever Frederick didn't defeat an enemy I used Chrom or [insert my character name here] to finish them off so they would end up getting most of the experience for defeating that enemy, but yes this still would cause them to lag behind. As far as grinding goes, I've done a bit of a "media blackout" with this game so that it would be fresher when I get it so I'm not sure what there is in the way of grinding.

In any case, taking advantage of pairing would likely get around this issue I'd imagine, but it's hard to form complete strategies at this point.

Around the Network

Hard mode wasn't nearly as difficult as Lunatic. I didn't beat the demo on Lunatic yet, but I got really close. One of the things that got in the way of me winning was during the last turn I was going to try and defeat the rest of the enemies, I had got hit hard by the remaining enemies, killing Chrom.

Definitely downloading this in the morning. I really liked the GBA game that came with the Ambassador stuff on 3DS, so I've been looking forward to this for a while. I always thought Marth looked awesome xD;

Mensrea said:
Who is Marth?

Marth is a cross dresser. He was raised as a prince even though borned a female.

It was the only way for him to inherit the Kingdom since his dad died before he was borned.

The prologue of his game is about his runaway bride discovered him to be a cross dresser and then became the "villian" of the game.

His real name is Marie and he sounds like a girl.

my bro just beat it on lunatic after 8 tries lol! Its really that hard! And the funny thingbis its only Ch1 and the prologue! Every owning a 3DS should buy this! Best 3DS game this semester IMO!

tbone51 said:
my bro just beat it on lunatic after 8 tries lol! Its really that hard! And the funny thingbis its only Ch1 and the prologue! Every owning a 3DS should buy this! Best 3DS game this semester IMO!

It took me like 10, and I still died to Risen Chief. Then on my 11th I sacrificed Fredrick and Lissa so I could heal. Lunatic with Classic is gonna suck if I have to sacrifice my cleric to win the battle.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)