By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U price cut vs More Wii U games

spurgeonryan said:
Gamerace said:
It needs compelling software that is unique to it. Otherwise why buy it at any price?

Exactly! Why buy it for a few games when you can wait for more? Even in the next few months we will be getting a few bigger games. Price point should be out of the question for Nintendo until they see how it does with more games that are not ports.

By the Way Nintendo land is passed 1.5 milllion in sales!

What bigger games?  I haven't heard of anything bigger than NSMBU.

Pikmin sales about 1m. Not a system seller.

Wii Fit U - far too little, far too late.  We all own Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus already.  The fitness/game craze is mostly fizzled out and this isn't doing anything innovative to bring it back.

Wario? Phhft.

Aliens? Not a system seller and available elsewhere.

Lego City - Maybe.  Could move some systems as a GTA for kids but won't help WiiU remain relevant with anyone else.   

WiiU needs a mainstream game that makes everyone want to use the gamepad like Wii Sports did with Wii. 

Problem is I don't think that'll ever exist. 

Nintendoland is fun, but not so fun I'm willing to pay $350 to play it.  Or even $60.   $30 maybe.  ZombiiU uses the gamepad well but is kinda niche (survivor horror/action).    

Even If such a 'Wii Sports'-esque type game emerged, with Wii we all wanted to see how motion would work with - surgury, cooking, driving, various sports, swords, fighting, etc., etc.  There's none of that with the gamepad.  Virtually no interest at all in how it'd change gameplay.    Even GC, N64, SNES all provided leaps in power/graphical ability that made us want to play the latest versions of the same old game.     I've no interest in NSMBU - it could - and should be on Wii.  Doubly so with Pikmin 3.  A new Mario Kart, Zelda or SSB?  Okay, same game as on Wii now in HD (which is 7 years old). So what?  Yeah, they'll tempt me, but by then I'll be dazzled by MS/Sony's new systems doing stuff WiiU can't touch.

Around the Network

It needs both.

It needs what all new systems need.

Games.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

spurgeonryan said:
amp316 said:
It needs what all new systems need.

Games.

I knew my old friend would agree with my article. You have a WiiU right?

Yes.  I have Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Zombi U, and 007 Legends (because I buy anything with Bond on it).  There isn't really anything else that I want to go out and get.  It's all ports and I don't care about Scribblenauts.  The Wii U is a nice system that will be a much more inriguing buy when Pikmin, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart are out for it.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Bundle the 2D Mario and give it a U Sports and it will be un-doomed in notime.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

It's raining doom threads about WiiU.

I just wanted to add that the Wii U is a great internet browser. You can watch classic Doctor Who on it all day.

Honestly maybe it's just for the best especially with Nintendo platforms to stay away for the first six months if you need a lot of content to play.

Because Nintendo doesn't have the same type of third party support and their internal resources are constantly split between portable and home console, it's always going to take about 7-8 months for their platform to really rev up.

You buy a Wii U in June and you're probably looking at NSMBU, Nintendo Land, Zombi U, Pikmin 3, Aliens: CM, Lego City, Rayman, and maybe Wonderful 101 already available.

I think Nintendo was banking on getting more 3rd party support this time around, like stuff such as GTAV and BioShock Infinite and MGS Rising to help them through the post-launch period, but no dice it looks like. I think they probably also overestimated the appeal of things like Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 on their platforms, no one really seems to care that Nintendo is finally getting comparable versions of a few HD franchises. I get the feeling Nintendo thought just having those franchises + Mario would be a can't miss combination. 

WiiU price is fine, I mean Sony is releasing a $300 white PS3 bundle, and that's a last gen system.

More games are what is needed. So far, only 2 games interest me for 2013, and I'm not going to buy a new console for 2 games. I need about a half dozen released, and another half dozen releasing soon before I buy one.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

spurgeonryan said:
Michael-5 said:

WiiU price is fine, I mean Sony is releasing a $300 white PS3 bundle, and that's a last gen system.

More games are what is needed. So far, only 2 games interest me for 2013, and I'm not going to buy a new console for 2 games. I need about a half dozen released, and another half dozen releasing soon before I buy one.

Are those two games Bayonetta and Pikmin 3?

Nintendo needs to have a giant list like Sony and Microsoft gave IGN in that chart that Arghcollege posted. They had 50 or more games and the Wii U had 3-5 I think. It has got to change. Everyone always says they are happy with the games and when they release, but it is not like that at all. When you are behind the other guys by 45 games you have to know there is a problem.

Yup

To be honest, I think Nintendo does have a handful of major titles for this fall. They just want to keep it secret so Sony and MS don't make a compeditor (e.g. LBP or Banjo) game as a launch title. Nintendo wants to make it look like their console has all the software, and the compeditor has none. This is why 3DS had 2 major titles release before the PSV even came out, and has a huge early life portfolio. Wii did the same with SM Galaxy, Smash Bros, Metroid Prime, and Mario Kart all releasing just after the 360/PS3 released.

I seriously doubt that Nintendo will let MS and Sony have a "good" debut with their consoles. Retro Studios is going to make something ridiculous, and there will be some sort of AAA title for WiiU this fall, if not many.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results