By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will pass 10 million lifetime sold in 2013

Tagged games:

Normando said:
Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:
GT5 is one of those games that will still keep on selling even when the PS4 is out.

Especially since GT6 will not be a launch or early launch title for the PS4.  I'm pretty sure that Forza 5 will be released before GT6.

You know this because?

Forza games have usually a two year develpoment cycle Forza 2005, Forza 2 2007, Forza 3 2009 and Forza 4 2011.  But I go out on a limb and say that Forza 5 wouldn't make much sense as a lauch title for the next MS console so I see Forza 5 coming out next year.  Gran Turismo 5 almost had a six year develpment cycle but I be optimistic and say they can reduce development time for GT6 to about five years so it should come out sometime in 2015.

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:
Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:
GT5 is one of those games that will still keep on selling even when the PS4 is out.

Especially since GT6 will not be a launch or early launch title for the PS4.  I'm pretty sure that Forza 5 will be released before GT6.

They can always release GT6:Prolouge. Easy money.

I like the main franchise (own and played all the main titles) but never would buy a Prologue title. 

Well millions would disagree with you, anyways PD has supported GT5 well so you good till the next one. I'm sure it wont be another 5 years, not sure if Sony will spend another 50 mil on the game though.

Devolpment cost are going up for next gen games unless they pull another GT3 (less cars and tracks then GT2) then GT6 will cost substantially more then GT5.

Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:

what makes you say that?  GT5 was the anomoly in the GT series.  They pushed out GT and GT3 close to the launch of their respective systems.  I would expect GT6 to be out in 2014 or 2015.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

i can see it happening

platformmaster918 said:
Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:

what makes you say that?  GT5 was the anomoly in the GT series.  They pushed out GT and GT3 close to the launch of their respective systems.  I would expect GT6 to be out in 2014 or 2015.

Turn 10 has more then double PD employees.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Only because GT5 need 5 years to make doesnt mean GT 6 will take the same amount of time. Polyphony hired people too, not only Turn 10.

And for the productiosn costs. Most people dont expect next gen to be much more powerful so i dont expect nexgt gen gamesto be so much more expensive to make.

Somini said:
Normando said:
I think it's cool that will do 10 million and I think it may very well happen in 2013. But PLEASE! take the thing about Halo out. Even if it's true, it can only end badly leaving it up.

Let's see who's the first poster who will compare this to it and begin the whole thing going! I hope it will not happen though :D

The first poster who compared it in this thread was the OP

OT: I think it will get close to 10 million this year. Last year it had a bit of help from the bundle in Europe (?) so without any bundles it probably won't quite make it but if it has one it should cross 10 million with ease.

platformmaster918 said:
Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:

Gran Turismo 1 was released in 1997 the PS1 was released in 1994 I wouldn't say that is close to launch the only GT game that released close to launch was GT3 and feature wise it was the worst in the series it contained the fewest tracks and barely had more cars then the first game.  Each Forza game so far has come out two years after the previous one but I doubt that Forza 5 will come out this year as a lauch title for the next MS system but I'm sure it will be out sometime next year.  The only way GT6 will be released in 2014 is if the PS4 lauches this fall and they don't release GT6: Prologue.

SunofKratos said:
Only because GT5 need 5 years to make doesnt mean GT 6 will take the same amount of time. Polyphony hired people too, not only Turn 10.

And for the productiosn costs. Most people dont expect next gen to be much more powerful so i dont expect nexgt gen gamesto be so much more expensive to make.

It more like 6 years GT4 was released in Japan on December 28, 2004, GT5 was released on November 24, 2010 in NA and EU.  The average development cycle for each main Forza title has only been two years.  If you want GT6 anytime soon you better hope for a fall launch of the PS4 and hope that they don't release another Prologue.  Also production costs are going up regadless of how much more powerful the next consoles will be.

sales2099 said:
platformmaster918 said:
Chris Hu said:
SnakeDrake said:

Turn 10 has more then double PD employees.

And lower profits.