By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will pass 10 million lifetime sold in 2013

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
mrpapaye said:
CGI-Quality said:
Somini said:
Ji99saw said:
It's almost there, just a few more bundles should do the trick

I see what you mean, given your post history!

You oughta know though that bundeling is not the only way this game is selling.

Knowing what you know, you shouldn't have even bothered.

OT: I'm thinking probably 2014. Should hit 9.5 mill this year, though.

Edit: Having a second look, 10 million shouldn't be too much of a stretch this year.

Hello

It may be a little bit of trolling but that does not mean it isn't true.
From what i have seen, the PS3 Pack including GT5 and Uncharted 3 has been the most sold in France and Belgium these 2 last months.
If it's like that in a lot of countries, it could be a huge factor in GT5 sales.

For instance, it is very anecdotal because i have a very little shop but in the last 6 months, i have sold only 1 GT5 by itself and i have sold 5 GT5/U3 PS3 Packs...
And also, i see something like 3 or 4 people a week that want to sell me their copies of GT5 and U3 they have received with their brand new PS3.

Not trying to be mean, but none of what you said has much relation to what I said.

Hehe not trying to be mean but maybe you should try new glasses :)

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:
Near 10 million as of December 2012.

Over 10 million as of March 2013.

11 million as of December 2013.

And yes it will outsell every Halo ever released... 2nd best selling GT in the history.

It's ahead of nearly every Halo title already, and it will outsell Reach, but not Halo 3. 

Even Halo 3 I B_E_L_L_I_V_E!

Hmm CGI, are you really telling me that you consider my gentle remark about you needing glasses as an insult ?

If true, i am speechless and it makes me realize once more why i dont usually post myself...

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
CGI-Quality said:
mrpapaye said:
Hmm CGI, are you really telling me that you consider my gentle remark about you needing glasses as an insult ?

If true, i am speechless and it makes me realize once more why i dont usually post myself...

This really shouldn't need explaining. If you tell someone that they should "try new glasses", you're insinuating that they can't read, which is considered insulting. Whether or not it's true is irrelevant, as I said, it  was needless. Beyond that, you didn't even try to explain your point, instead resorting to an out-of-nowhere comment. I'd like to know why you quoted me if you had no intention for discussion.

Wow and i was considering you as one of the smartest posters on this board...

Ok then, i apologize for my "insult" and i wont bother you in the future.

Too bad that so many times, people try to make constructive posts to help in the discussion and it ends like this.

In the last 6 years since i have registered, i havent even posted once a week because i dont like meaningless oneway discussions, in the future i better post once a year or never more when i see that even the best posters on the site can react like that.

Bye guys, have a long and good life

mrpapaye said:
CGI-Quality said:
mrpapaye said:

This really shouldn't need explaining. If you tell someone that they should "try new glasses", you're insinuating that they can't read, which is considered insulting. Whether or not it's true is irrelevant, as I said, it  was needless. Beyond that, you didn't even try to explain your point, instead resorting to an out-of-nowhere comment. I'd like to know why you quoted me if you had no intention for discussion.

Too bad that so many times, people try to make constructive posts to help in the discussion and it ends like this.

In the last 6 years since i have registered, i havent even posted once a week because i dont like meaningless oneway discussions, in the future i better post once a year or never more when i see that even the best posters on the site can react like that.

good idea.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
Chris Hu said:
Miguel_Zorro said:
I'll go with a qualified yes. If they give this away with PS+ or something like that, sales will drop off. Otherwise it should hit 10 million by the end of the year.

Its too big of a game (file size) to end up on PSN+.

That's what I was thinking.  Although they do have some huge games on PSN.  Do you know how big it would be, and if it would be bigger than any game currently there?  Black Ops is 18 GB.

No clue on how big it would be but since it comes with a optional 8GB install and the update that you instal once you start the game is over 1GB I'm guessing its pretty big.

Doing a little searching on the web (articles and torrent sites), it appears to be about 20GB. So size isn't the issue considering PSN already has downloads that big.

MS hasn't put Forza games in their store either. Go figure.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

ethomaz said:
CGI-Quality said:
ethomaz said:
Near 10 million as of December 2012.

Over 10 million as of March 2013.

11 million as of December 2013.

And yes it will outsell every Halo ever released... 2nd best selling GT in the history.

It's ahead of nearly every Halo title already, and it will outsell Reach, but not Halo 3. 

Even Halo 3 I B_E_L_L_I_V_E!

Your a GT bully.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

This game can do 10 million. Its dirt cheap and there isn't any other Gran Turismo games to slow it down.

I'm not really a fan but even I picked up a copy just to see what's hype about. Meh...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
mrpapaye said:
CGI-Quality said:
mrpapaye said:

good idea.

Wow, that's what I call "out of nowhere", so nice people in here :)

Considering that it was already at 9.19M shipped as of September 2012, it shouldn't be too difficult.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!