By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter says the Wii U optimistically will sell around 40- 45 M units LTD.

Does anyone have LTD numbers that he predicted for other systems?

Around the Network

he is still angry because iwata,miyamoto and reggie never talked to him poor kid.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

think-man said:
On a thread a couple of days back I was predicting around 45m LTD. I will stand by that prediction :)

I'm just curious, how would the breakdown for that be region by region?

Americas, Europe, Japan, then everywhere else combined.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Pachter. What a prick! Why is he so pissed off with Nintendo? Is it because he never could complete Super Mario Brothers?

chriscox1121 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gamerace said:
As always Pachtner is way off base.

I'd say 30m with 35m being optomistic. Once other systems come on the market I expect WiiU sales to resemble GC sales.

The way Nintendo has positioned itself with its audience and functions, I can see it doubling the GC sales and no less. 40-45 M is more than generous the way third parties are responding to Nintendo as well. If the PS4 and 720 leave the Wii U in the dust as far as multimedia, online community and exclusives the Wii U will become a secondary console only purchased for exclusives like the GC and the N64 before it.

you could be correct, but I still think it's too early to tell.  After this year it will be very telling; wii has established itself as a very strong brand.  The next two christmas' could be very good for Nintendo especially if we have a 249.99 console.   

We've yet to see how 3rd parties respond.  Frankly aside from Ubisoft, I think the launch support was tiped at best.   A lot of games, but all ports of old games or uninspired affairs.    Nintendo has had to buy games from TT (Lego City) and Platinium (101/Bayenetta).   EA and Activision - the two biggest 3rd parties have been particularly poor in their support of WiiU.   And this is launch window when support is usually best.     There's little announced from 3rd parties going forward and I expect few downports from MS/Sony's new systems.    WiiU will probably get most of it's ports from iOS after support for 360/PS3 dries up - that would make the $99 Ouya a direct competitor.

I think the WiiU is an abandonment of both core and mass market.  It's basically back to GC audience - kids and Nintendo core.  I'm giving it 50% more sales for Wii spillover effect and expanded audience but it'll also be hindered by Android tablet/gaming systems coming onto the market - often for less than half the WiiU price. 

Around the Network
RedInker said:
Pachter. What a prick! Why is he so pissed off with Nintendo? Is it because he never could complete Super Mario Brothers?

Don't know if this true or not but I heard he used to work at Nintendo, but for some reason left. Again don't know if this is true or not.

Nintendo and PC gamer

If the 360 can top 80 million this gen with absolutely no support in a racist Japan market, then Nintendo can easily get more than 45 million considering they are strong in every market.

This is a complete guess and a very poor one at that. Maybe if he had exact specs and pricing for the competition he could do some analysis but this is just pulling a figure out of thin air.

Gamerace said:
chriscox1121 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Gamerace said:
As always Pachtner is way off base.

I'd say 30m with 35m being optomistic. Once other systems come on the market I expect WiiU sales to resemble GC sales.

The way Nintendo has positioned itself with its audience and functions, I can see it doubling the GC sales and no less. 40-45 M is more than generous the way third parties are responding to Nintendo as well. If the PS4 and 720 leave the Wii U in the dust as far as multimedia, online community and exclusives the Wii U will become a secondary console only purchased for exclusives like the GC and the N64 before it.

you could be correct, but I still think it's too early to tell.  After this year it will be very telling; wii has established itself as a very strong brand.  The next two christmas' could be very good for Nintendo especially if we have a 249.99 console.   

We've yet to see how 3rd parties respond.  Frankly aside from Ubisoft, I think the launch support was tiped at best.   A lot of games, but all ports of old games or uninspired affairs.    Nintendo has had to buy games from TT (Lego City) and Platinium (101/Bayenetta).   EA and Activision - the two biggest 3rd parties have been particularly poor in their support of WiiU.   And this is launch window when support is usually best.     There's little announced from 3rd parties going forward and I expect few downports from MS/Sony's new systems.    WiiU will probably get most of it's ports from iOS after support for 360/PS3 dries up - that would make the $99 Ouya a direct competitor.

I think the WiiU is an abandonment of both core and mass market.  It's basically back to GC audience - kids and Nintendo core.  I'm giving it 50% more sales for Wii spillover effect and expanded audience but it'll also be hindered by Android tablet/gaming systems coming onto the market - often for less than half the WiiU price. 

tiped?  Well, we can only judge off of what we have seen.  As of now, they have more support than what they did at the start of last gen.  As i mentioned in an earlier post, Nintendo will probably receive ports from whichever console is the lead console.  I mean Sony in most cases was receiving ports from the 360.  I'm not advocating by any means that Nintendo will get a port from all the 3rd party games, but I do think that they will get all the major ones, COD, Battlefield and the like.  I don't see the other 2 consoles being so much superior to the Wii U that the U can't handle a downgraded port unlike the Wii and HD twins.  Also, I don't see any reasons for a port not to be put on the U by the time the other consoles launch given the install base.  Were all working off conjecture here, especially not having any real info the other two consoles yet.  

J_Allard said:
If the 360 can top 80 million this gen with absolutely no support in a racist Japan market, then Nintendo can easily get more than 45 million considering they are strong in every market.

what does the 360 really have to offer Japan...seriously