By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter says the Wii U optimistically will sell around 40- 45 M units LTD.

MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
yup big games always are shown at e3 but they never get released that same year, you can name any big gaming franshise and its always the same.

Outside of e3, there are many big games that release the same year it was announced.  

not that i know of, its very rare.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
yup big games always are shown at e3 but they never get released that same year, you can name any big gaming franshise and its always the same.

Outside of e3, there are many big games that release the same year it was announced.  

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are a recent example.

MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are a recent example.

I'm talking about console games, your comparing apple and oranges.

ninjablade said:

Not really.  Handheld games announcements vs Home console games announcements aren't much different.  The development time for a handheld title can be just as long as a home console game, and it usually is.

MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:

Not really.  Handheld games announcements vs Home console games announcements aren't much different.  The development time for a handheld title can be just as long as a home console game, and it usually is.

ds games are a lot easier to make, the budget is 50x smaller, and so is the tech behind the game, its nothing like console games, console and portables are 2 differnt things, they have nothing to do with each othere.

Around the Network

So, if we trust Pachter's claims to be wrong, the Wii U will be either discontinued this year, or will sell over 90 millions ;O

ninjablade said:

ds games are a lot easier to make, the budget is 50x smaller, and so is the tech behind the game, its nothing like console games, console and portables are 2 differnt things, they have nothing to do with each othere.

#1 Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are 3DS games. 
#2 Developing for a handheld doesn't mean it takes that much less effort to develop for it.

#3 Even if we were to just focus on "console" games, I may be wrong, but I don't think I am, some Wii U titles were announced 2012 and were released 2012 as well, and one of those being NSMBU.  

MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:

#1 Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are 3DS games. 
#2 Developing for a handheld doesn't mean it takes that much less effort to develop for it.

#3 Even if we were to just focus on "console" games, I may be wrong, but I don't think I am, some Wii U titles were announced 2012 and were released 2012 as well, and one of those being NSMBU.  

lol i just saw a youtube video of the game, the graphics look like psx 1 graphics, come on man you think comparing games like GT, halo, 3d mario, 3d zelda, MGS4, uncharted, gears of war, COD this scale of big game i'm talking about, making the graphics engine alone for those games take longer then makin that pokemon game, again lets keep console games to different things, especially now that wii is hd, games will take longer, cause the amount of detail they need to put in.

ninjablade said:
lol i just saw a youtube video of the game, the graphics look like psx 1 graphics, come on man you think comparing games like GT, halo, 3d mario, 3d zelda, MGS4, uncharted, gears of war, COD this scale of big game i'm talking about, making the graphics engine alone for those games take longer then makin that pokemon game.

Obviously your idea of a "big game" isn't valid anymore because of that comment.  

MDMAlliance said:
ninjablade said:
lol i just saw a youtube video of the game, the graphics look like psx 1 graphics, come on man you think comparing games like GT, halo, 3d mario, 3d zelda, MGS4, uncharted, gears of war, COD this scale of big game i'm talking about, making the graphics engine alone for those games take longer then makin that pokemon game.

Obviously your idea of a "big game" isn't valid anymore because of that comment.  

I don't even know why i'm wasting my time, were talking about console games, big games, might as well start adding Xbox live arcade games and psn games while were at it, i'm done with this topic, you will see, that i'm right in the end by e3.