By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter says the Wii U optimistically will sell around 40- 45 M units LTD.

I personally don't see the Wii U repeating the same feat of the Wii so 45M feels about right for the Wii U total lifetime sales assuming a normal generation with nothing spectacularly good or bad happening with the system.

Tease.

Around the Network
cunger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/bx2boj/pach-attack--thq--wii-u---ads-too-

My prediction that I've made for a month is now in line with Michael Pachter. I predicted between 40-45 million, at best 50 million. This means the games and marketing need to pick up or else.

You and Pach must know the wiiu game lineup for the future. Do tell!  lol...  It's way too early to know real projections but if you guys are correct Nintendo remains in business.  40 to 50 wouldn't be bad and would likely force them to stay focused on the core Nintendo fan.

I know so far the Wii U's 2013 is going to suck until June outside of Pikimin. It might get better or worse, and we'll see. Its time for the competions offense and Nintendos defense.

the way its selling now even 30m is optimistic.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
the way its selling now even 30m is optimistic.

It doesn't seem to be selling that much different than the xbox 360 and ps3 did during their launch windows...

Jumpin said:
What does "LTD" mean?

Life to date. As in, sales up to this moment right now. Title is wrong, should've said 'lifetime' instead of LTD.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

My prediction that I've made for a month is now in line with Michael Pachter. I predicted between 40-45 million, at best 50 million. This means the games and marketing need to pick up or else.

Since Patcher is always wrong, safe to say your powers of deduction have slipped :P

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:
I'm not sure why anyone is worried about the Wii U. Poor sales only mean that it gets less third party support and financially weakens the company. Given that I imagine people only really buy it for first party games and Nintendo is in a great position financially with not much chance of being taken down, does it matter if it sells badly?

45 million isnt bad at all. Nintendo will profit off of the Wii U. 

Sigh I hope your right S.T.A.G.E

Honestly I dont about these consule wars or which system is the most popular, nintendo was a large factor in why I had a happy childhood and i want them to do well.

cunger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

You and Pach must know the wiiu game lineup for the future. Do tell!  lol...  It's way too early to know real projections but if you guys are correct Nintendo remains in business.  40 to 50 wouldn't be bad and would likely force them to stay focused on the core Nintendo fan.

Temper, temper. My prediction is based on Nintendos launch, it is subject to change like all of our predictions until the first two years are over.

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Since Patcher is always wrong, safe to say your powers of deduction have slipped :P

Pachter may not be the most liked guy and everyone can be wrong at some point, but he hasn't gotten this far off of lack of knowledge and how people respond on a general level to products. From a gamers perspective, he's a failure of an analyst, but from a general market perspective he's more spot on than most.....remember that.

shadowii said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:
I'm not sure why anyone is worried about the Wii U. Poor sales only mean that it gets less third party support and financially weakens the company. Given that I imagine people only really buy it for first party games and Nintendo is in a great position financially with not much chance of being taken down, does it matter if it sells badly?

45 million isnt bad at all. Nintendo will profit off of the Wii U. 

Sigh I hope your right S.T.A.G.E

Honestly I dont about these consule wars or which system is the most popular, nintendo was a large factor in why I had a happy childhood and i want them to do well.

I agree with everything you've said and Nintendo played a very large part in my childhood as well (note: My childhood). I am only making predictions based off of Nintendos launch. Again, I will continue to predict based on the second year (especially after E3) which will give me a better idea of what they have planned for the year. I am not one to wish for Nintendos demise and I do not want them to go, they served a purpose in my entrance into gaming and they will continue to for millions of other children around the world. Just because I grew out of Nintendo doesn't mean I dont wish them the best.