By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter says the Wii U optimistically will sell around 40- 45 M units LTD.

maybe ninpie is pachter... maybe spurge is pachter ... maybe spurge is pachter... maybe im pachter.... maybe one of us is reggie, i wonder who

Around the Network

Patcher dont know a s**t about games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:
I'm not sure why anyone is worried about the Wii U. Poor sales only mean that it gets less third party support and financially weakens the company. Given that I imagine people only really buy it for first party games and Nintendo is in a great position financially with not much chance of being taken down, does it matter if it sells badly?

45 million isnt bad at all. Nintendo will profit off of the Wii. 

Sorry, I read that as a negative prediction. Will sales be lower for this generation then?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Gotta agree with NintendoPie. If your prediction is in line with Pachter, you should not call attention to it.

Piernik said:
Patcher dont know a s**t about games.

He makes some bold statements indeed, but he makes a lot of sense. Did you even watch his Gametrailers show? Its only like eight minutes.

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:
I'm not sure why anyone is worried about the Wii U. Poor sales only mean that it gets less third party support and financially weakens the company. Given that I imagine people only really buy it for first party games and Nintendo is in a great position financially with not much chance of being taken down, does it matter if it sells badly?

Sorry, I read that as a negative prediction. Will sales be lower for this generation then?

I believe so, the forecasts say this gen wont last seven years, but rather five. The economic collapse caused the gen to expand in years, but also the stable market that kept turning to entertainment. The numbers been dropping for the last couple years, so its obvious that the next gen must come and it will be shorter.

Lol the big guns haven't even been played yet. Wii U Sports, Mario Kart U, and Super Smash Bros. will send the WiiU well past 50 million lol.

phenom08 said:
Lol the big guns haven't even been played yet. Wii U Sports, Mario Kart U, and Super Smash Bros. will send the WiiU well past 50 million lol.

We'll see. I think the casual swell is falling down and the gamers who truly care will buy the product. Pachter assessed the numbers and stated that the majority of Wii U owners currently are hardcore Nintendo fans. Is that far fetched? I think not. He says some offish things sometimes but I think hes spot on right now. He should just stick to what hes good at which is predictions based on analyzing the market. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:

I believe so, the forecasts say this gen wont last seven years, but rather five. The economic collapse caused the gen to expand in years, but also the stable market that kept turning to entertainment. The numbers been dropping for the last couple years, so its obvious that the next gen must come and it will be shorter.

Why would next gen be shorter? I think the days of 5 year generation cycles are over (unless you count the years between Wii U and the next Nintendo console maybe).

XBL Gamertag: ckmlb, PSN ID: ckmlb

Ckmlb1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Osc89 said:

Why would next gen be shorter? I think the days of 5 year generation cycles are over (unless you count the years between Wii U and the next Nintendo console maybe).

There will still be ten year production cycles, thanks to Sonys system which Microsoft is now following. Based on this gens results a five year cycle is definitely in the cards for all consoles involved. This will probably give Microsoft the time to make their truly powerful consoles at a cheaper price. Not saying that these new ones wont be powerful though, they are under a lot of pressure, but the big picture consoles that they've been planning will be after next gen. You can see the writing on the wall especially with the anti-used games, and illuminated room patents surfacing.