By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC techies i summon you!!!

Hynad said:
Player1x3 said:
Barozi said:
Player1x3 said:
Barozi said:

Nope he didn't, he said more tech savvy than you, which is far from impossible considering the posts you made in this thread.

This was completely uncalled for. Seriously, why are trying to turn this into something ?

You were trying to make him look arrogant by twisting his words. THAT was uncalled for, I just pointed that out.

I didnt try to make him look arrogant. You're not a psychic, you cant know what my intentions were. Why did you even quote me unless you wanted to start something?

He may not be a psychic, but that is still what your post tried to do. It was either trying to make me look arrogant, or/and you were just trying to mock me. Barozi is right when he says that your post was uncalled for. Your attitude in the thread so far has been to contradict everyone before finally admitting that you don't know a thing about the subject. And now you're trying to play victim... That's quite rich.

Im not trying to play on anything here, you and him ganked up on me for no reason because you can't stand people having different opinion than you. Now THAT'S quite rich. And he was the one trying to mock me when he tried to make my posts look like some utter ridiculous garbage.  And i never said I  don't know a thing about the subject, stop putting words in my mouth.

Around the Network
pezus said:
jesus christ, player...

If you're gonna call me out on something, at least show enough respect to say why...

iBUYPOWER Revolt - Dimensions 16"x16"x4"

The high-end Revolt includes an overclockable i7-3770K, a GeForce GTX 680, and an SSD for $1,399. Those are pretty high-end specifications before you start getting into Sandy Bridge-E or multi-GPU gaming systems. To improve cooling, Revolt supports the option to mount a liquid cooling full-size 140mm radiator.  iBuyPower is taking pre-orders now, and will be shipping Revolts in February 2013.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/Revolt/home.aspx

Player1x3 said:
Hynad said:
Player1x3 said:

I didnt try to make him look arrogant. You're not a psychic, you cant know what my intentions were. Why did you even quote me unless you wanted to start something?

He may not be a psychic, but that is still what your post tried to do. It was either trying to make me look arrogant, or/and you were just trying to mock me. Barozi is right when he says that your post was uncalled for. Your attitude in the thread so far has been to contradict everyone before finally admitting that you don't know a thing about the subject. And now you're trying to play victim... That's quite rich.

Im not trying to play on anything here, you and him ganked up on me for 1) no reason because you 2) can't stand people having different opinion than you. Now THAT'S quite rich. 3) And he was the one trying to mock me when he tried to make my posts look like some utter ridiculous garbage.  And i never said I  don't know a thing about the subject, stop putting words in my mouth.

Stop posting such bullshit.

1) The reason that many of us ganged up on you was that some of the things you posted were objectively wrong and that you admitted that you didn't make enough research to prove some of those points.

2) Nobody ganged up on you for you prefering laptop gaming over desktop gaming.

3) You were mocking users in this thread "wow great argument", not accepting obvious facts and making up hilarious facts without doing proper research (see #1), before I was even getting into this thread.

You were losing the conversation, went off-topic and tried to blame others and you still do (see #2 and this). Since I'm a moderator I don't accept such sore loser behavior. I was trying to point out your shortcomings in this thread instead of simply formally warn or ban you.

Alienware X51 with an i3770K configution, 8GB of RAM and 1TB hard drive is about $1k
http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51/pd

Next to Xbox 360 and PS3 Fat

Next to Xbox 360 S.

It has an external PSU similar to the 360

Review: http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/3/2768359/alienware-x51-review

Alienware X51: Graphics card upgrade discussion
http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/alienware/f/3746/t/19442269.aspx?PageIndex=100

So you can just buy the basic version with i7 3770K and then throw in a separate GTX670 videocard and an SSD of your choice (Samsung 840 Pro or OCZ Vector 256GB) in there. That would destroy a laptop but of course with such a small case/form factor, your future upgrade path for PC parts would be a lot more compromised.

GTX670 can be bought for $310 now: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133452

Around the Network

Munkeh111 said:
 On the price, you could easily spend over £2,000 on a gaming PC and it wouldn't match the performance of my desktop.

Well. I would be interested to see if a laptop actually exists that could match mine or even get "close enough" even over the next couple of years. :P

I think in time they will. It is clear that Intel, Nvidia and others are more interested in the mobile space

Apparently, the 680m is about equivalent to a 580, so it isn't that far behind the top these days, but just much much much much more expensive (especially as most graphics cards are overclocked to get performance 1 rung up {ie a non-reference 670 is roughly a reference 680})

So in a few years, maybe things will get closer, but there is still a very definite edge in price and performance

Barozi said:
Player1x3 said:
Hynad said:
Player1x3 said:

Im not trying to play on anything here, you and him ganked up on me for 1) no reason because you 2) can't stand people having different opinion than you. Now THAT'S quite rich. 3) And he was the one trying to mock me when he tried to make my posts look like some utter ridiculous garbage.  And i never said I  don't know a thing about the subject, stop putting words in my mouth.

Stop posting such bullshit.

1) The reason that many of us ganged up on you was that some of the things you posted were objectively wrong and that you admitted that you didn't make enough research to prove some of those points.

2) Nobody ganged up on you for you prefering laptop gaming over desktop gaming.

3) You were mocking users in this thread "wow great argument", not accepting obvious facts and making up hilarious facts without doing proper research (see #1), before I was even getting into this thread.

You were losing the conversation, went off-topic and tried to blame others and you still do (see #2 and this). Since I'm a moderator I don't accept such sore loser behavior. I was trying to point out your shortcomings in this thread instead of simply formally warn or ban you.

See? And now you even proceed to call my posts bullshit. Fucking astonishing. And you're a moderator on these forums, wow..

1) No they weren't objectivly wrong, just because you disagree with something, it doesn't automatically make it wrong. Learn the difference between objective and subjective please.

2) Yeah, you just ganked up on me because i tried to explain why. Big difference, really.

3) What the hell? I didn't mock anyone, you are the one who started calling my posts bullshit and such. Maybe you should look at your own behaviour before attacking me? And i replied ''wow great argument'' because the guy had no argument to even begin with, seriously. He just said something like ''no, it's objectively better. period.'' I didn't see you calling him out on anything, but you sure were quick enough to gank up on me.

Losing the conversation? LOL dude are you serious? This is a videogame forum, i don't see this as a competition, maybe you do, but i certainly don't. And how did I  went off topic when you were the one who started this whole mess. If you just left me alone we wouldn't be having this stupid conversation now.  But i guess your urge was too big, huh> And i never blamed anything on anyone until you 2 started ganking up on me.

Now please, leave me be.

BlueFalcon said:

iBUYPOWER Revolt - Dimensions 16"x16"x4"

The high-end Revolt includes an overclockable i7-3770K, a GeForce GTX 680, and an SSD for $1,399. Those are pretty high-end specifications before you start getting into Sandy Bridge-E or multi-GPU gaming systems. To improve cooling, Revolt supports the option to mount a liquid cooling full-size 140mm radiator.  iBuyPower is taking pre-orders now, and will be shipping Revolts in February 2013.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/Revolt/home.asp

.....the i everything trend has got to stop.  Pretty soon kids will be named iMark, iGabe....ibuypower sounds Taiwanese...reminds me of the good old PC haydays

That Revolt case is hawt. I would so use it as a HTCP case if I could fine one in Australia.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Jesus player... Just admit that you were wrong and move on. Yes, it's objectively wrong to say that a notebook can have more power than a gaming desktop. It's ridiculous actually. It's just as wrong to say that a notebook can get as good of a cooling as a desktop, or to say that gaming laptops are cheaper than gaming desktops. You could probably find gaming laptops cheaper than gaming desktops, but I assure you that the difference in performance will be much greater than the difference in price.

Your position was objectively wrong. You could've said that you prefer laptops. But no. You were in fact trying to mock people that do obviously know a lot more about the subject than you do. What you did wasn't cool man. You trying to justify it now is almost worse.

On a side note, I do very much like the way Barozi handled the situation. A mild taste of your own medicine instead of a sudden strike of the ban hammer. Good moderating.