By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why didn't you want a Nintendo console or system as a kid?

I had a super nintendo when I was a kid, but now I'm not a kid.

I played mostly outside too. Cricket and football lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

I had an NES and an SNES, but like any normal person, I grew out of baby consoles and bought a Playstation.

Hey I had a N64 and GC as a kid, so yes I had a real childhood. But I think they got me those because the whole thing about Nintendo being for kids. Which also stopped my mom from getting me a Xbox as a kid, she only didn't 'cause my older cousin told her it only had violent games and because he wanted it for himself. But I'm glad he never got it the jerk.

nah, I got a Mega Drive (Genesis), because that's the one I wanted

and I played Pokémon (Blue) on a Gameboy I borrowed from my friend for a few month (I own the game myself though)

I do own a GC,but I bought that one myself

I grew up in the era where Playstation was king. My dad bought every console apart from Nintendo ones. I had a Gameboy (who didn't?) and a SNES, which I rarely played, but I never owned an N64 or a Gamecube.

I do feel like I missed out with the Gamecube though, thank god for backwards compatible Wiis.

Around the Network

I'd answer this question, if it weren't for owning an NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, and now Wii U :P

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

because when I was a kid TVs were black and white, I only got 3 channels and video games hadn't been invented yet.
LOL.

When I bought my NES I was working and living with my wife to be. I continue to buy Nintendo consoles (along with all the others) because I love gaming and I'm not as insecure as all the "big boys" who think that being mature means playing games full of sex and violence.

Except I always wanted a Nintendo console when I was a kid.

I owned the GameCube, GameBoy Color, GameBoy SP, and the DS Lite. (Then I got a Wii on launch day... which was a nightmare!)

I had and NES and Gameboy when I was young and loved them. Wanted an SNES but never got one and started playing PC. By the time the N64 came out my brother and I already had a playstation and lost all interest in Nintendo.

That and like someone said we played sports a lot and played games sparingly.

I was pretty much at the mercy of my older bro and cousins. So while I did grow up first seeing SNES and even a bit of NES, I was raised on playstation. I remember talk about "Ultra 64" but then that got delayed, eventually to a late n64 release and was deemed uncool b/c of being kiddy, cartridge based, etc. So while I loved nintendo as a kid, I never got a n64 in the prime of my youth lol. I loved my gamecube though, and had a ps2 as well (for madden, nba games w/friends), then had all the consoles this past gen but my heart lies w/Nintendo, despite all their flaws. I am a traumatized ninty fan from childhood. Fuck you Nintendo, with love - 773

to conclude, lol, its like first seeing tits and falling in love.  So no matter how many cocks get thrown in your face (playstation, xbox) I will always be straight (NINTENDO) .