By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never win with some people..

Metallicube said:

Some of these so called "hardcore" gamers make me laugh. They contradict themselves so much it's absurd. Basically no matter what Nintendo does, they condemn them.

- Nintendo has a massive sucessful console like the Wii: "Nintendo is selling out to teh stupid casualz! They don't make games for US anymore!!!1"

- Nintendo goes back to catering to the hardcore at the expense of greater sales (N64/Gamecube/Wii U): "Nintendo is doomed! Why buy hardcore games on Nintendo consoles when you can buy better ones on the HD consoles??

Look at the foolish Bayonetta 2 fans, many of them are probably the same people that knocked Nintendo for not releasing games for them, and catering to the "casuals." So Nintendo publishes a game that caters directly to them, and what do they do? Whine and curse out Nintendo for some stupid reason, (despite the fact that the game would not exist without Nintendo). I will never understand the hardcore..

This is why Nintendo might as well abandon trying to cater to hardcore and go back to the "selling out" of the Wii, because most of these people are never going to be satisfied no matter what they do. When they DO release games that appeal to them, they either ignore them, or whine and rant that it isn't on THEIR console. No, they won't actually BUY a Nintendo console to get the games they want when they do come, they just want to whine and criticize Nintendo when these games DON'T come. I have come to the conculsion that a very large portion of the "hardcore" out there have no intention on buying a Nintendo console REGARDLESS of what games are released on it. They just use the "lack of hardcore games" excuse as fuel for their trolling.

When they try to cater to this audience, their sales suffer anyway. If you're going to be hated regardless by these stubborn people, you might as well be hated while raking in extra $.

The kind you're talking about aren't gamers, they're just little fanboys upset about the failure of 'their' product or the succes of the 'enemies' product. Real gamers don't care whether console a sells better than handheld y or whether game x is a multi million selling, product pushing beast. We care about playing awesome games no matter which platform that game is on. That's why you see guys like Turkish and Pezus constantly posting sales threads about products they don't have and will never get. Meanwhile I (and other real gamers) am enjoying games that will probably never even reach half a million in sales. Or will never be seen on a list used to 'prove' why platform z should be in every household.

I wouldn't worry about the complaints from these people because a, they represent a very small fraction of the market and b, what really matters is whether you enjoy the platforms you have. There's no need to justify your purchases.

Around the Network
se7en7thre3 said:
"Nintendo goes back to catering to the hardcore"

You can NEVER say this, b/c its blatant what the hardcore wants : POWER...and you fail to deliver what they most want, which is the basis of their stance.

Nintendo is just following their natural progression. It just so happens that nintendo finally reached the min. 720p standard, so they can more easily receive certain games they didnt in the past due to downporting issues.

If all the Hardcore wants is Power then I don't blame Nintendo for not catering to them.

NintendoPie said:
se7en7thre3 said:
"Nintendo goes back to catering to the hardcore"

You can NEVER say this, b/c its blatant what the hardcore wants : POWER...and you fail to deliver what they most want, which is the basis of their stance.

Nintendo is just following their natural progression. It just so happens that nintendo finally reached the min. 720p standard, so they can more easily receive certain games they didnt in the past due to downporting issues.

If all the Hardcore wants is Power then I don't blame Nintendo for not catering to them.

He who has all the top third party titles has the core.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

It should be, "He who has the best games overall has the core."

But who is able to score who has the best games overall? It's everyone's seperate opinion.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q
WiiU is more powerful than Xbox360, by a margin, and its 7years old
dont try to spin things, if you want to troll do it properly

Who cares? Wrong generation to be comparing things to. If the Wii U cannot beat the 360 and PS3 at their own game when the next Playstation and Xbox come Nintendo is going to feel it even worse and Nintendo will be behind. Hold onto your little graphical pride with Nintendo because if you do its about to be squashed this year. If I were you I would focus on what matters with Nintendo like content and innovation. Sony and Microsoft focus on multimedia socialization and power. 

it just pisses me of that he exaggerates the facts, like saying PS360 are 8 years old, and on par with WiiU, WHICH IS NOT TRUE Enjoy your 500$ console in 2014 ;)

The consensus is that the Wii U is on par with current gen consoles. The major reason why the next gen consoles will probably cost around $450-500 is because of the fact that devs have demanded power from Microsoft and Sony in particular. I am talking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Crytek, Epic Square Enix and more whom have already shown their next gen engines. I am not even sure the Wii U will make the best out of those engines. Really and truly I don't think they even care. They've always dealt with Nintendo in a secondary fashion. Like Zombie U? Great...wait to see what Ubisoft has planned for the other next gen consoles.

lol ok whatever, still WiiU is more powerful than both the PS360, and XBOX is 7 yrs old, PS3 being 6 yrs old, so he basically lied And about ZombiU...whats your point? ive enjoyed it MUCH more than AC3 and Darksiders2, for me it is the superior game, you should stop caring that much bout grafix

You're boasting about consoles that have what two quarters left of relevence? This is sad....so...so sad. Stop being hypocritical, you're telling me not to worry about graphics but are boasting about the Wii U being more powerful than consoles that are on the end of their rope and are still posing a threat on multiplats compared. Whatever graphical push the next Playstation and Xbox get will definitely put the Wii U at risk of irrelevence when it comes to multiplats next gen. Keep that in mind. Its all about the third party if Nintendo truly wants the core.

cut it dude the guy exaggerated/lied saying WiiU is just on par, and PS360 are 8years old, end of story Leave this discussion for the years to come ;)

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The consensus is that the Wii U is on par with current gen consoles. The major reason why the next gen consoles will probably cost around $450-500 is because of the fact that devs have demanded power from Microsoft and Sony in particular. I am talking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Crytek, Epic Square Enix and more whom have already shown their next gen engines. I am not even sure the Wii U will make the best out of those engines. Really and truly I don't think they even care. They've always dealt with Nintendo in a secondary fashion. Like Zombie U? Great...wait to see what Ubisoft has planned for the other next gen consoles.

A $500 console is not going to fare well right now. Some people do care aout the graphical capabilities of a console but they care more about their wallets. The main reason why the Wii U is not selling is because of its price and cheaper alternatives. I'm also a bit worried about development costs if we do see a gigantic graphical leap. I know some will argue that it's mostly marketing that is taking up most of the costs, but I do know that publishers sure as hell will not change that. 

The problem is that Nintendo has been catering to the casual crowd for a while, and left some of it's most loyal fans out in the dust. They shouldn't care about the hardcore, because those people wouldn't buy their console anyway. They should care about the core gamer, and much more importantly their fans. Their are open minded gamers who would buy a Nintendo console if it catered to them, I think a modern equivalent to the Gamecube would sell much better than the Gamecube did, but even if they want to focus on a less powerful system, they absolutely have to appeal to their fans. I own every single Nintendo console, and I pretty much loved them all, except for the Wii. I felt completely alone. They pretty much told me with the Wii that I wasn't important to them. It was their loss, I bought a PS3 and bought three times as many games for it than I did for the Wii.

In short, Nintendo can cater to more open minded core gamers, but it needs to cater to it's fans first. Saying Nintendo will never please anyone is silly, they can please a lot of gamers. It's just that they have been VERY weak as of late.

NintendoPie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It should be, "He who has the best games overall has the core."

But who is able to score who has the best games overall? It's everyone's seperate opinion.

Can you truly say Nintendo has had all of that this gen from the general consensus?

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Can you truly say Nintendo has had all of that this gen from the general consensus?

Did I ever say that they did? 

But no, they didn't have too much (good) 3rd party support for the Wii. First Party was great for the time it lasted. (DS was a different story, they had both 1st Party and 3rd Party.)

DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q
WiiU is more powerful than Xbox360, by a margin, and its 7years old
dont try to spin things, if you want to troll do it properly

Who cares? Wrong generation to be comparing things to. If the Wii U cannot beat the 360 and PS3 at their own game when the next Playstation and Xbox come Nintendo is going to feel it even worse and Nintendo will be behind. Hold onto your little graphical pride with Nintendo because if you do its about to be squashed this year. If I were you I would focus on what matters with Nintendo like content and innovation. Sony and Microsoft focus on multimedia socialization and power. 

it just pisses me of that he exaggerates the facts, like saying PS360 are 8 years old, and on par with WiiU, WHICH IS NOT TRUE Enjoy your 500$ console in 2014 ;)

lol ok whatever, still WiiU is more powerful than both the PS360, and XBOX is 7 yrs old, PS3 being 6 yrs old, so he basically lied And about ZombiU...whats your point? ive enjoyed it MUCH more than AC3 and Darksiders2, for me it is the superior game, you should stop caring that much bout grafix

You're boasting about consoles that have what two quarters left of relevence? This is sad....so...so sad. Stop being hypocritical, you're telling me not to worry about graphics but are boasting about the Wii U being more powerful than consoles that are on the end of their rope and are still posing a threat on multiplats compared. Whatever graphical push the next Playstation and Xbox get will definitely put the Wii U at risk of irrelevence when it comes to multiplats next gen. Keep that in mind. Its all about the third party if Nintendo truly wants the core.

cut it dude the guy exaggerated/lied saying WiiU is just on par, and PS360 are 8years old, end of story Leave this discussion for the years to come ;)

What dude? Even Team Ninja admitted that in terms of technology perhaps the Wii U isnt next gen. They said in terms of what the Wii U offers with the controller it is next gen.