By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never win with some people..

i suppose actually wanting a leap in performance over 8 year old hardware is being far too demanding lol

edit : and it always amuses me to see nintendo fans make these comments given the behavior of some of them in sony and microsoft topics

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
amp316 said:
Yep. They should try to stop pleasing everyone and just make a lot of money. Nintendo gets themselves in trouble when they try to be the cool kid.

True story : The cool kid usually winds up being the drunk guy at the bar without a job.

Or maybe they are just the kid who never grew up. Like...

Kind of reminds me of....

*Gasp* Link?

To an extent you are right about this.  I am a man-child that wears a Donkey Kong shirt out in public, but that's what I am and that's what Nintendo is and they shouldn't be ashamed of it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

0_O.Q
WiiU is more powerful than Xbox360, by a margin, and its 7years old
dont try to spin things, if you want to troll do it properly

DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q

Who cares? Wrong generation to be comparing things to. If the Wii U cannot beat the 360 and PS3 at their own game when the next Playstation and Xbox come Nintendo is going to feel it even worse and Nintendo will be behind. Hold onto your little graphical pride with Nintendo because if you do its about to be squashed this year. If I were you I would focus on what matters with Nintendo like content and innovation. Sony and Microsoft focus on multimedia socialization and power. 

Mummelmann said:
They all get their fair share of shit, its just that the fans of whichever base is doing the worst at any given time are the most vocal and defensive. If you look through vgchartz threads through the years from 2007, you can clearly see the cycles, clear as day.

Thanks for reinforcing what I've said earlier. Some people just don't get the VGC Ecosystem.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q

Who cares? Wrong generation to be comparing things to. If the Wii U cannot beat the 360 and PS3 at their own game when the next Playstation and Xbox come Nintendo is going to feel it even worse and Nintendo will be behind. Hold onto your little graphical pride with Nintendo because if you do its about to be squashed this year. If I were you I would focus on what matters with Nintendo like content and innovation. Sony and Microsoft focus on multimedia socialization and power. 

it just pisses me of that he exaggerates the facts, like saying PS360 are 8 years old, and on par with WiiU, WHICH IS NOT TRUE Enjoy your 500$ console in 2014 ;)

DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q

it just pisses me of that he exaggerates the facts, like saying PS360 are 8 years old, and on par with WiiU, WHICH IS NOT TRUE Enjoy your 500$ console in 2014 ;)

The consensus is that the Wii U is on par with current gen consoles. The major reason why the next gen consoles will probably cost around $450-500 is because of the fact that devs have demanded power from Microsoft and Sony in particular. I am talking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Crytek, Epic Square Enix and more whom have already shown their next gen engines. I am not even sure the Wii U will make the best out of those engines. Really and truly I don't think they even care. They've always dealt with Nintendo in a secondary fashion. Like Zombie U? Great...wait to see what Ubisoft has planned for the other next gen consoles.

edit: reading comp. fail

To sum it up, Nintendo always fux up somewhere, no matter what, ever since N64.  With N64, they were late (could have sold alongside snes, a 1990 release) and came out with cartridge instead of disc.  I think it was a big deal at that time, b/c most of the 32 bit console makers were more "futuristic" being disc based http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(fifth_generation) yet Nintendo stayed old school.  It was a big turn off to the Nintendo fans that got older, so most naturally moved to the "cooler" playstation.

Gamecube, you cant promote a purple fuckin lunchbox. yes I know they had black as well, but purple was the face, it was more promoted.  It was deemed "Barneycube" by my peers, and I still have those scars from being teased lol.  It was a beast console, but never taken seriously, and its their own fault again starting from N64 (some argue SNES with the 1st mortal kombat game lacking blood).

On wii U, they had a chance to capitalize on their Wii popularity/weakened sony and could have gone toe to toe with microsoft as the ultimate home entertainment solution for the next gen, but again failed by not delivering on the power.  That is not catering to hardcore, the whole basis of their stance.  Nintendo is just serving themselves by finally going hd, and as a fan I've come to accept that, but Nintendo also has to accept that they won't get all my money, M$ is going to as well (fuck sony).

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q

The consensus is that the Wii U is on par with current gen consoles. The major reason why the next gen consoles will probably cost around $450-500 is because of the fact that devs have demanded power from Microsoft and Sony in particular. I am talking Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Crytek, Epic Square Enix and more whom have already shown their next gen engines. I am not even sure the Wii U will make the best out of those engines. Really and truly I don't think they even care. They've always dealt with Nintendo in a secondary fashion. Like Zombie U? Great...wait to see what Ubisoft has planned for the other next gen consoles.

lol ok whatever, still WiiU is more powerful than both the PS360, and XBOX is 7 yrs old, PS3 being 6 yrs old, so he basically lied And about ZombiU...whats your point? ive enjoyed it MUCH more than AC3 and Darksiders2, for me it is the superior game, you should stop caring that much bout grafix

DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DieAppleDie said:
0_O.Q

lol ok whatever, still WiiU is more powerful than both the PS360, and XBOX is 7 yrs old, PS3 being 6 yrs old, so he basically lied And about ZombiU...whats your point? ive enjoyed it MUCH more than AC3 and Darksiders2, for me it is the superior game, you should stop caring that much bout grafix

You're boasting about consoles that have what two quarters left of relevence? This is sad....so...so sad. Stop being hypocritical, you're telling me not to worry about graphics but are boasting about the Wii U being more powerful than consoles that are on the end of their rope and are still posing a threat on multiplats compared. Whatever graphical push the next Playstation and Xbox get will definitely put the Wii U at risk of irrelevence when it comes to multiplats next gen. Keep that in mind. Its all about the third party if Nintendo truly wants the core.