By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo can never win with some people..

Just as all Nintendo fans are not equal, you must realize that all Nintendo "haters" are not equal. Nintendo haters aren't a unified group all with the same opinions. What one Nintendo hater may like, another may dislike, and vice-versa.

Nintendo haters encompass everyone who doesn't like Nintendo. That covers a lot of people with a lot of different interests. It's flawed to assume that just because Nintendo satisfies one group that they should satisfy all groups.

Around the Network

Yep. They should try to stop pleasing everyone and just make a lot of money. Nintendo gets themselves in trouble when they try to be the cool kid.

True story : The cool kid usually winds up being the drunk guy at the bar without a job.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Some people just don't like the content nintendo offer and prefer the games and features that either Sony or Microsoft provide.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Baddman said:
Why hurt your head over what a bunch of geeks on the internet say. Id bet most never touched a vagina in their life and were/are socially inept

Forums are for social people.

if you really believe then well good for you i however feel forums are a safe haven for socially inept people to act up and spout ignorant opinions that they would never have the balls to say in a conversational face to face setting

Well, to be fair you are taking the general complaints known about Nintendo as of late and lumping them together as if it is the same people saying these things, when that's not necessarily true.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Yep. They should try to stop pleasing everyone and just make a lot of money. Nintendo gets themselves in trouble when they try to be the cool kid.

True story : The cool kid usually winds up being the drunk guy at the bar without a job.

Or maybe they are just the kid who never grew up. Like...

Kind of reminds me of....

*Gasp* Link?

Baddman said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Baddman said:
Why hurt your head over what a bunch of geeks on the internet say. Id bet most never touched a vagina in their life and were/are socially inept

Forums are for social people.

if you really believe then well good for you i however feel forums are a safe haven for socially inept people to act up and spout ignorant opinions that they would never have the balls to say in a conversational face to face setting

Socially inept people who use social mediums to get their point across. Exactly, you're so right. Yes there are ignorant forum people and there are people who say things in forums that they would never say in front of others but such is life. No one is the same but it seems most people on this forum are generally social people with lives.

Jay520 said:
Just as all Nintendo fans are not equal, you must realize that all Nintendo "haters" are not equal. Nintendo haters aren't a unified group all with the same opinions. What one Nintendo hater may like, another may dislike, and vice-versa.

Nintendo haters encompass everyone who doesn't like Nintendo. That covers a lot of people with a lot of different interests. It's flawed to assume that just because Nintendo satisfies one group that they should satisfy all groups.

This. Sometimes a stance that a group as a whole espouses is hypocritical, but only if that group is one of unified viewpoints in the first place (like a religion or a political party). Fandoms, and hatedoms more so, are going to be very scattered groups with very scattered interests.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

You do have a point, in all the years I've browsed gaming forums Nintendo does seem to get more than its fair share of hate from forum goers and internet 'experts'.

The thing I dont get it why. I dont own an Xbox 360 but I dont hate it or the games it plays. I do own a PS3 and really enjoy the system but that doesnt mean I havent enjoyed current and past Nintendo Systems. Since my first Nintendo console (which was as late as GameCube) I've always admired the systems and franchises behind them. There is a certain quality to Nintendo games that I really think shouldnt be overlooked - and in my view Wii U has only carried this on (go Nintendo Land! :D )

I think it would be a sad day when a company like Nintendo just stopped existing.

I don't care what other people were saying about it way back when.

For me, I liked all of their consoles up to the Gamecube. I loved my Super NES and Gameboy Pocket; I never had an N64 or Gamecube, but friends and family did and we always had lots of fun with it. The GBA was cool too.

But the Wii never appealed to me, and the Wii U has a real identity crisis--i.e. wanting to position itself as a more hardcore console but still saying graphics and specs don't matter and making suspect decisions on the digital side. Nor have I had much interest in any of the dual screen handhelds; Sony's more traditional take might not be as sexy anymore, but I still like it just the same. My tastes just grew away from the company after '04.

Frankly, I say you're right. They might as well just forget trying to peel off Sony and MS fans and just focus on first party and casual offerings instead. They got burned repeatedly when they tried to compete on other companies' terms, so they should just say fuck it.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D