By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU is doing horrible in America, we need to talk about it

After the December NPD, what do you think of it? Whats next for WiiU? It failed to outsell PS3 at launch, that is WITH a Mario game. We all know the horrible PS3 launch, it even led to people writing songs about its horrible launch. Which Mario game can bring salvation? What will WiiUs killer app be?

I'd like to hear from American vgc members if there is any hype or WiiU talk going.

I want to discuss what Nintendo can do, please post your suggestions what you would do or would have done as Nintendo's CEO.

And last, what is the next big game for WiiU in the West?

Around the Network

3 threads today...yeah this will be worse than the Vita.

Nintendo and PC gamer

They better have some amazing games they aren't talking about for 1st half 2013.

Like *amazing*.

Otherwise this is going to be the 3DS post launch all over again.

"It failed to outsell PS3 at launch"

Wrong. Dec 06 PS3 > Dec 12 Wii U, but Wii U launch > PS3 launch.

VGChartz

milkyjoe said:
"It failed to outsell PS3 at launch"

Wrong. Dec 06 PS3 > Dec 12 Wii U, but Wii U launch > PS3 launch.

Yep, I was implying the first december.

Around the Network

Well I imagine Mario Galaxy 3 is the trump card.

Either way Nintendo have the option of cutting the price and undercutting the inevitable Sony and Microsoft next gen consoles.

I think its difficult to say either, because the Wii is still doing okay. If they took the Wii off the market the Wii U would take a lot of those sales. They are competing with their own console as well, which was very popular. So they are still making money on that front.

I think the Wii U will phase out the Wii slowly; thus the sales will pick up as more and more games start trickling in. It also depends on the PS4 and the 720. If those consoles are weak competitors the Wii U will do well. At the moment, I think we're all on edge waiting to see what Microsoft and Sony are planning.

Turkish said:

I want to discuss what Nintendo can do.

You doing it all wrong: WiiU is a MAJOR flop in America, we need to talk.
That's the correct code for joke-threads.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

noname2200 said:
Turkish said:

I want to discuss what Nintendo can do.

Your image/video doesn't work. :/

Most of my friends and I were thinking about getting a WiiU awhile ago, but as of right now there isn't anything interesting on the console. Zombi U looked interesting to me but I've heard bad things about it. Plus I've never been a Mario fan. Just gotta wait for the right software I guess.

Also, I think the Wii satisfied the whole casual/family console craze and most people who aren't gamers don't know the WiiU is even a different console. I don't see parents buying another console for a long time. Especially a WiiU since most of them probably just think it's a new controller or something.