By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii U sold less than PS3 in US December at Launch. What do you think about?

WTF?

DOOMED 28 33.33%

FAIL 12 14.29%

PS3 AMAZING 43 51.19%

Total:83

Some of you are down right hypocrites.

How come when the Wii U was outselling the PS3 and 360 people were saying " Oh no its not comparable it should be compared to the Wii" but now that the PS3 sold more, that logic is thrown out the fucking window.

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
KingofRome said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
It will be funny when the Wii U will be the best selling console next year when the masses session the 720 and PS4 will be $500 each. Only reason it is doing so bad right now is because Xbox and Playstation are so cheap. Next year when the expensive competition comes out Nintendo will seriously start to market is thing- I suppose this is the reason why Nintendo is marketing as much right now.

There will still be PS3's and 360's on the market when the real next gen systems come out so I don't understand your point. Plus they will most likely both get a price drop which further increases competition for the Wii U. PLUS there will be more consoles on the market which creates MORE competition. I don't understand your logic. Why would the Wii U start to sell when current gen systems are available at a lower price and next gen systems are also available....???

Because it will be the cheapest next gen console. People in the casual market who already own a 360 and Ps3 who want to get the "new thing will get the Wii U. I suppose may be wrong. We'll see. 

You honestly think the nextbox/PS will hit $500? No chance in hell. I'm thinking $399

I think they will have 2 models, like the PS Vita.

$399 cheaper model

$449 expensive model

Now, what the difference between each model will be, I have no idea.

AgentZorn said:

How come when the Wii U was outselling the PS3 and 360 people were saying " Oh no its not comparable it should be compared to the Wii" but now that the PS3 sold more, that logic is thrown out the fucking window.

Was it ever outselling the PS3 or 360? Other than maybe first week it launched.

Vinniegambini said:
Just realised:

Xbox 360 US Launch (Nov+Dec): 607k
PS3 US Launch (Nov+Dec): 687k
Wii U US Launch (Nov+Dec): 890k

Hmmm.... makes me reconsider, it's not bad actually.

Good post, but the point here is that PS3 did do better in December during launch.

it's proven ninty can't sale an over priced console. just look at 3ds when it was over priced. ninty needs to rmember they are not Sony or MS so they can't sale their console at the price Sony does.

looks as though ninty jumped the gun on the 8th gen. they should have waited it out with Sony and MS which is the only reason Wii hasn't outsold PS1.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Vinniegambini said:
Just realised:

Good post, but the point here is that PS3 did do better in December during launch.

So what?  PS3 got its ass kicked when you throw in Nov., so what's the point?  

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
it's proven ninty can't sale an over priced console. just look at 3ds when it was over priced. ninty needs to rmember they are not Sony or MS so they can't sale their console at the price Sony does.

looks as though ninty jumped the gun on the 8th gen. they should have waited it out with Sony and MS which is the only reason Wii hasn't outsold PS1.

Nobody can seem to sell a console at Sony price. 

Nintendo didn't jump the gun. Having a headstart is quite valuable.

KingofRome said:

I think they will have 2 models, like the PS Vita.

$399 cheaper model

$449 expensive model

Now, what the difference between each model will be, I have no idea.

Yep that's what I think as well..maybe a change in hard drive size and a game included = higher priced SKU. Either way I definitely think they will aim for around $399. All rumors suggest sony is going for a off the shelf approach with its parts too. They will launch the ps4 and the drop the price of ps3. Ps3 for casuals and PS4 aimed at the core in its first year

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

OceanJ said:
Cobretti2 said:
Vinniegambini said:
Just realised:

So what?  PS3 got its ass kicked when you throw in Nov., so what's the point?  

Clearly you did not read the threads heading. 

AgentZorn said:

so you want them to keep comparing the numbers to the wii december numbers at launch? Really? 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!