By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 close to having the most million sellers this generation

Happens in

Q1 2013 20 25.97%

Q2 24 31.17%

Q3 16 20.78%

Q4 17 22.08%

Total:77
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Incomplete data.

Pinch of salt.

Also can we count LIVE please.

No, data would be even more incomplete with PSN and XBL. It will happen, you know it.

I'm sure it will, according to VGC.  I just dont think the data here on software is anywhere near reliable.  It may be better for the last couple of years.  But older software data is nowhere near accurate.  This applies to both PS3 and 360.

You should check out Barozi's thread on LIVE sales.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142482&page=1

Do you know how much Unfinishd Swan, Journey, Flower or any of PSN's games hit? No. Microsoft boasts their numbers and it becomes public, otherwise its hush hush. The retail numbers are the only ones we can go off of. This year Sony will surpass them in million sellers with God of War, Last of Us, Beyond only needs to sell a million like Heavy Rain, which sold over 2.28 million copies. If the Last Guardian launches this year it will sell a million for sure on the PS3. Tales of Xillia will launch in the west and complete the Japanese sales of over 600k. Those are the ones we know for sure so far plus multiplats which Microsoft and Sony will be dead even on with their userbases being relatively the same. Microsoft has one last exclusive to their name this year. The million sellers battle is pretty much over.

Thats sony isnt it?

As far as I am aware Sony have never released numbers for PSN titles... leads me to one conclusion.

Anyway, I made my point.  Carry on.

How many times do you see Sony boasting numbers? They aren't like Microsoft. You cant count numbers you cant see, therefore digital sales doesn't count. This isn't my first rodeo with Xbox gamers talking about retail sales, they always try to throw in digital because Microsoft has been slim in pickings on the retail exclusive end for quite a few years. Funny enough when I used to argue for Microsoft about exclusives I never brought up Live Arcade. Not once and no one else brought it up in here either when The Xbox has more exclusives from 2005-2008. I joined in 2008 and was arguing for the 360 on that point. They no longer have a point. On the retail end it must be admitted that this is the last year and Microsoft will lose the most retail million sellers this generation in 2013.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Incomplete data.

Pinch of salt.

No, data would be even more incomplete with PSN and XBL. It will happen, you know it.

I'm sure it will, according to VGC.  I just dont think the data here on software is anywhere near reliable.  It may be better for the last couple of years.  But older software data is nowhere near accurate.  This applies to both PS3 and 360.

Do you know how much Unfinishd Swan, Journey, Flower or any of PSN's games hit? No. Microsoft boasts their numbers and it becomes public, otherwise its hush hush. The retail numbers are the only ones we can go off of. This year Sony will surpass them in million sellers with God of War, Last of Us, Beyond only needs to sell a million like Heavy Rain, which sold over 2.28 million copies. If the Last Guardian launches this year it will sell a million for sure on the PS3. Tales of Xillia will launch in the west and complete the Japanese sales of over 600k. Those are the ones we know for sure so far plus multiplats which Microsoft and Sony will be dead even on with their userbases being relatively the same. Microsoft has one last exclusive to their name this year. The million sellers battle is pretty much over.

Thats sony isnt it?

As far as I am aware Sony have never released numbers for PSN titles... leads me to one conclusion.

Thank you for your contribution then my friend. Belive it or not, but your point was clear even before you posted, go figure ;)

kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
kowenicki said:
Turkish said:
kowenicki said:
Incomplete data.

Pinch of salt.

Thats sony isnt it?

So whats your conclusion? PSN doesn't have million sellers? They simply do not report numbers. There are probably more than 5 million sellers from the PS1 section alone.

Meh even if it does happen we all know 360 million sellers are at a way higher total number then PS3s.

We dont know XBLA vs PSN total numbers, but its common sense that 360 gamers love XBLA way more then PS3 gamers love PSN.I mean, Minecraft is a year old multiplat port and it broke 5 million in 2012. Journey hasn't even breached 1 million (no PR announcement).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I just noticed Forza horizon cracked a mil. Pretty pointless thread if not including all sales. Are you giving Kinect games the nudge too? Wouldn't be surprised.

Carry on.

Around the Network

It's good to see that when the PS3 is about to overtake the 360 not only in hardware sales but in the number of million sellers as well, that Microsoft fans are acting in a very mature, non butthurt and non desperately trying to dismiss it as nothing at all kinda way. *high five guys*

Carry on.

sales2099 said:

Meh even if it does happen we all know 360 million sellers are at a way higher total number then PS3s.

We dont know XBLA vs PSN total numbers, but its common sense that 360 gamers love XBLA way more then PS3 gamers love PSN.I mean, Minecraft is a year old multiplat port and it broke 5 million in 2012. Journey hasn't even breached 1 million (no PR announcement).

No PSN gets a pr announcement for any kind of milestone. There are probably 5 PS1 Classsics alone that breached 1m. Expect a few PS2 Classics to also sell millions, like GTA San Andreas.

Turkish making a Thread about the PS3 being in second place to the 360 never thought I'd see the day! Might actually check out a few of your other threads now mate if you've moved on a bit!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It is quite strange that Microsoft never announced how many games have been shipped on 360...

I'll give it to the end of the year

PS3 should be slightly ahead by then