By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is National pride stupid?

I think the Olympics really embody the good aspect of National Pride.
But it certainly has a counter with War.

Around the Network

As long as you're not a white, straight, Christian male from any European or North American country, being proud of your orgins/heritage/country is completely OK !!!

National pride is a good thing. Im proud to be British. As a nation we have made many contributions to the world. Ok, Britain currently has its problems but what country doesnt?

mysticwolf said:
Pride is one of the seven deadly sins.
So, I would say... just don't have to much of it. I think a little bit of national pride is okay.
But I wouldn't go around saying "America is the best!!!! All other countries suck!!"

I think you're in the minority on that one.

I agree with what everyone else has basically said, national pride is good, but in moderation.

Player1x3 said:

As long as you're not a white, straight, Christian male from any European or North American country, being proud of your orgins/heritage/country is completely OK !!!

Nah, Japanese aren't allowed to be proud either.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

while national pride can be good in many ways, while we have it there will always be racism. its the other side of national prides coin

I find national, racial and origin(im Mexican/Irish whatever) pride to be completely retarded.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Not until it turns into ignorance.
Pride is fine, ignorance isn't.

only when you're from Australia..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Of course it's not stupid.

It has been both a unifying (Italy) and destructive (Nazism) force in history. And like any powerful force, it is best to respect, and understand it, to get its good sides while marginalizing the bad.

I LOVE ICELAND!