By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Is Nintendo Failing in Europe? (What Can They Do To Get Them Back?)

Tagged games:

The biggest problem is that they didn't advertise it as Super Wii like in Japan.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
MikeRox said:

But if you look at each market separately, it could well be the industry is back in transition and we can't bank on a single system being dominant globally again. Hell, looking at the gaming tablets/android consoles etc starting to launch, we could well be coming to the end of the "big three" market and at the end of the current console market place forever.

This scares me. I know I like change and all, but this is just too much change for me. *hides* :(

Sony has a far superior European strategy. NoE is still not well equipped to market to all of Europe as effectively as it should.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
Sony has a far superior European strategy. NoE is still not well equipped to market to all of Europe as effectively as it should.

I agree with you, but i also realise that Sony's "superior" strategy is quite simple: sponsor the Champions league.

Sony's strategy was much better than that in 1996. It wasn't just champions league. It was mass marketing on TV/Radio/Sporting Events on a level never seen before in gaming (at least in Europe). We have no memorable Sega campaigns like Japan and the US had.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.