By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Wonderbook keep growing?

While we ware talking here about Wonderbook here. Can somebody tell me how this Wonderbook from the Gamescom was called?

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
People seem to be forgetting about the massive advertising that this has been getting.

What massive advertising? I didn't see one advertisement for Wonderbook. Maybe it was only advertised heavily in the UK?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Nsanity said:
People seem to be forgetting about the massive advertising that this has been getting.

What massive advertising? I didn't see one advertisement for Wonderbook. Maybe it was only advertised heavily in the UK?

I saw almost no ads on TV, a few on magazines and websites, but a lot in stores, with dedicated additional sponsorised cardboard shelves for it and the demo PS3s running it in the days they weren't running FIFA or other best sellers in EU. Also, now that clearance sales started, the cheapest PS3 available at MediaWorld (local name of MediaMarkt, biggest EU chain of electronics and household appliances  stores) is the Wonderbook bundle. With little TV and press advertising and intensive one only in stores, I'd define it targeted marketing, not massive.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Lol.. Wonderbook

Yay!!!

Galaki said:
This will crash and burn like uDraw.

Yeah, lol, I kinda see this going like a less successful version of the first uDraw. 

Around the Network

Guys, just wait till next Christmas with Wonderbook - Hunger Games, Wonderbook - Game of Thrones, etc. This sh!t will be huge!! ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

VGKing said:
kain_kusanagi said:
J.K. Rowling was a BIG reason it sold as well as it did. I don't see it going far at all. It's a toy and kids play with toys, get board and move on.

There's no reason why they can't get more J.K. Rowling. Maybe a Harry Potter game? That would sell much better than Book of Spells IMO.

Anyway this is how stuff gets big, it sells to a niche group of people and from there word of mouth spreads and then it suddenly becomes mainstream. Harry Potter is probably as mainstream as you can get.

Because people don't work for free and when it can't even sell 100,000 copies no one is going to put time into it. I can only imagine how much money this has lost by now.

Have we got any sales number of this game other than Iberia sales. Where reportedly it sold 54k. Which sounds pretty high.