By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will a Nintendo Console be number 1 at all this year globally? - Just for one single week people!

There is no doubt in my mind that there will be at least one week where the Wii U is above the PS3 and XBox 360 globally ...

I can't say for sure when that week will be without knowing what most of the Wii U's software line-up looks like for the rest of the year, but there will be big game releases that have a huge impact on hardware sales this year.

Around the Network

Why didn't you mention the 3DS in your OP. If it gets a Pokemon game it could very well overtake the X360/PS3.

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:

Why didn't you mention the 3DS in your OP. If it gets a Pokemon game it could very well overtake the X360/PS3.

Not including handhelds. We already know the 3DS can and it has at points last year.

You should put that in the OP.

I think that, sometime, the Wii U must be #1 globally.

The Wii U will have a few #1 weeks easily if they release a solid line up in the back end of 2013. Even if they don't, it's nothing to worry about since the Xbox 360 took 2 years to topple the PS2. Keep in mind that Xbox is reaching saturation points in the North America and without expansion it won't continue to grow that much imo.

Also, Nintendo is dominating now with the 3DS and the system has gotten legs, I predict a similiar trend with a price drop for the Wii U in 2014.

Yes, the 3DS will, but I think it'll be down YOY

Around the Network

Likely the number one in nov-dec, and sometime during the spring. Summer is a little harder to predict, as I'm expecting Wii U to gain some momentum and PS360 decline in sales.

If PS4 and 720 are out this year, Wii U is pretty much guaranteed to be on top as year starts coming closer.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Oops..

Not including handhelds the PS3 will be #1 this year, so no, it won't be a Nintendo console...unless Ninty buys Sony.

Depends on a lot of things really. but I can definitely see wiiu selling more at least for a few weeks this year

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

man-bear-pig said:
Oops..

Not including handhelds the PS3 will be #1 this year, so no, it won't be a Nintendo console...unless Ninty buys Sony.

I don't think you understand the question ...

While we could argue whether the PS3 will outsell the Wii U on a yearly basis, I think it is foolish to assume that the Wii U can't pass it for 1 week of the year.

Consider Japan, the week New Super Mario Bros. 2 came out for the 3DS it saw a sales increase of 353% compared to the previous week and the Japanese sales alone nearly doubled the next best console's worldwide sales that week. The Wii U will have good weeks where it will sell substantially more than the average sales for any other console on the market, and it is foolish to assume that the Wii  U's good weeks will always be balanced out by a good week for another console.

When you consider that (hopefully) there will be strong titles for the holidays, black friday deals/bundles and even a possible price drop, it's safe to assume that WiiU will be on top for a few weeks this year.