By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to drop Dust 514 and create a shooter from scratch

i really can't believe nobody copied halo's mechanics. even if sony or ea doesn't want to why wouldn't some up and coming dev make a clone and publish on ps3?

Around the Network

I thought CCP is a 3rd party developer who wants to bring an exclusive game to the ps3 ?
Is Sony funding them or something or why should sony drop it and how should they drop it if they dont fund it ? Saying that they are not allowed to release their game on the ps3 ?

But I think the shooters are already pretty good on the ps3 and mag is the most fun for me ...
But if they want to build a new one from scratch they can and I think they already are. Maybe not for the ps3 but ps4.

If GG tried to expand on and give breath to the Killzone universe like their fans have been begging for them to do, it would be an excellent franchise. But no... instead, they made Killzone 3.

4 ≈ One

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
shooters just aren't Sony's game this gen.

i don't think Sony should scrap Dust514. they should give dust a shot, and if it averages out, get the dev's of Dust to create a console shooter.

in-listing former bungie, infinity ward, ect people, doesn't guarantee anything. S.T.A.G.E. wishful thinking isn't your thing.

id say Sony should in-list, Platinum games, Visceral Games, a deal with epic for people can fly, or Crytec.

maybe even get lightbox interactive to create a shooter not related to starhawk.

Wishful thinking? Have you played Halo 4? Microsoft spared no expense to get the best of the best to breathe new life into Halo but keep Halo the way he knew it in gameplay. Dust looks old and dated, exactly like what you would expect from a free to play game. The movement seems clunky amongst other issues. In listing from Bungie and Infinity Ward doesn't guarantee anything, but it gives Sony a fighting chance. Crytek is in good with Microsoft so I dont think they are about to help Sony with anything but yes recruit the top members of those teams who have departed. I'll hire light box interactive to STFU. 

i hate Halo. i've yet to play 4 but Reach to me is the best one, and that's not saying much. hey! atleastnit's better then COD lol.

agreed.

STFU?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
game is in beta, almost done and they should kill it?

yea right

Sony doesnt need to kill it, but rather drop publishing and focus that money elsewhere.

Around the Network

What Killzone lacks is in the SP....they messed up the story of kz3 real bad. So much potential. ALL they have to do to really hype it next kz up? Let us play from the point of view of a Helghan. Fuck ISA lol

oh and it's heavily hinted recently that Planetside 2 is going to come over to ps4! They should just have it preinstalled with every system shipped. I mean look at this..looks like so much fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgRM_KQ1mKE

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

There is just too much competition in shooters. It would be hard to take market share from third party behemoths like COD/Battlefield. Although as we have seen this generation what was big last gen might not be big in the next.

Keep the controls simple and game play smooth. Halo and COD both did that on the consoles and are thus successful. Killzone (2) controls just felt heavy and awkward. Not that it is a bad thing as it carved it's own niche but if we are talking about dominance of any sort. You got to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

"Have you played Halo 4? Talk about a game feel outdated. I think the Halo series have lost its magic since Halo 3 and don't believe any other Halo will surpass Halo 3 in sales or critical acclaim."

Massive Halo changes=outdated
No Changes=outdated
There's no winning for Halo
Sales wise Reach came close and 4 might, as for Critical acclaim, we'll see.

Halo generic? I see people say this but name a game that is even remotely close to halo.
"the skill requirement to be good is very low" To be good against bad players, you know like every other game.

KylieDog said:
Halo is very generic and dumbed down, the skill requirement to be good is very low, similar to CoD. BF3 is the same also and you'll notice BF3 sales have spiked compared to rest of series.

Is a reason both Halo and CoD and now BF3 are popular and more tactical and skill based shooters fail to sell such numbers.

Frankly, we don't need more dumbed down shooters.

M.A.G. is more tactical than all of them and it sold like shit. Seriously, FPS games sell well when they are twitchy. BF is a huge step up from COD because you have to have a serious team to make that game work decently. I used to be on a clan for that game when it was PC only, its a team experience. With the other games its optional.