By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony needs to drop Dust 514 and create a shooter from scratch

Sony has been obsessed with beating Microsoft at their own game with shooters for quite a while. It seems to be the only genre to elude Sony in matching top level standards. They need to involve Sony Santamonica in a project with former makers of bungie to make these shooters. If you want to replicate or have products from the other team you must take from them as they do with you . Im willing to bet after seeing their roster that 1/4 of Microsofts studios are taking from Sony comapnies, which is raising the quality of their product. Sony needs to stop being so prideful and take some second hand players from Bungie and put them to the task of making the next top FPS on the Sony platform. They've invested in too many shooters and none of them came up to snuff. IMHO Dust is the last straw.

Around the Network

I thought Dust 514 looked good. =(

Dust 514 is awesome. Even though the closed Beta is very limited, the concept involving the game has never been done before.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

Dust 514 is awesome. Even though the closed Beta is very limited, the concept involving the game has never been done before.

Planetside 2 smashes Dust 514 out of the water. When I played Dust the controls were terrible and lag was rediculous. And eve is just a game that caters for the unemployed which makes the interconnectivity pretty lame and I say that as an alliance member with 40 mill sp's of a 0.0 corp

Im sorry, but I have Halo and I have seen dust. I would rather pay full price for Halo than to waste my time with Dust for free in a serious way. I love the concept, but I dont think console gamers are ready for it yet and Sony needs to warm them up with a top notch online shooter before the MMO comes. Microsoft can handle that because they've prepared 360 gamers for it. Microsofts strongest genre is the FPS genre and they will continue to dominate if Sony doesnt pay attention.

Around the Network

i think its pretty closed minded to imply that bungie employees are needed to create a top class shooter

and imo killzone is a great franchise

o_O.Q said:
i think its pretty closed minded to imply that bungie employees are needed to create a top class shooter

I think Killzone is a great campaign shooter, but for Sony to beat Halo they need to be amazing not great.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:

I think Killzone is a great campaign shooter, but for Sony to beat Halo they need to be amazing not great.

beat halo in terms of what? sales?

o_O.Q said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
o_O.Q said:

beat halo in terms of what? sales?

Fun in multiplayer. People want twitchy gameplay where you can experient and be creative with your kills not realistic and gritty.

shooters just aren't Sony's game this gen.

i don't think Sony should scrap Dust514. they should give dust a shot, and if it averages out, get the dev's of Dust to create a console shooter.

in-listing former bungie, infinity ward, ect people, doesn't guarantee anything. S.T.A.G.E. wishful thinking isn't your thing.

id say Sony should in-list, Platinum games, Visceral Games, a deal with epic for people can fly, or Crytec.

maybe even get lightbox interactive to create a shooter not related to starhawk.