By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will double WiiU in sales until E3 (PS3 leading 4.2:1)

How will this battle end (Dec 30th-Jun 7th, vgchartz)?

PS3 will more than double WiiU sales 99 62.26%

PS3 will double WiiU sales 13 8.18%

S3 will sell ~50% more than WiiU 7 4.40%

PS3 and WiiU will sell the same (essentially) 10 6.29%

WiiU will sell 50% more than PS3 8 5.03%

WiiU will double PS3 sales 13 8.18%

Other 9 5.66%

Total:159
Miguel_Zorro said:
the_dengle said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the PS3 outsell the Wii U for the first half of the year, but I doubt it'll sell double. I especially doubt that Wii U won't even sell 2 million hardware units by June 7th.

Whatever the case from now till June, here it is in writing for you: Wii U will be the best-selling home console of 2013.

Tagging this one for later. :)

By all means do. I won't exactly be upset if it misses the mark by a couple million, but I think it's definitely possible.

Around the Network
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
Your WiiU number is wayyyy too low.

I don't think it is. I don't see it selling more than 350k per month on average

WHHHHAAAATATTTTTT?

Next week you are in for a rude awakening :)

Japan will atleast have over 80k, North America 70k, Europe 45k, Rest of the world 15k = over 200k WW

From the other thread I posted

Btw this was posted just now by Joh Harker at Gaf

"sales are below expectations :("

He is one of the members who give data/info about hardware/software sales. iirc from NPD info

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

My most pessimistic predictions for WiiU are something like 500K per month ww, so while I do think PS3 will be above, I don't expect that kind of gap. Japan may remain generally strong for WiiU, and the upcoming titles will help in the west to some extend.

Well, given the going record, the predicition is like saying "if I jump in water, I might get wet" =D

How about this - The WiiU first year to E3 will outsell the PS3 first year to E3. Seems a little more of a challenge.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network

i think the wii u will sell over 2.5 million at the least till e3, closer to 3 million is a goal i think it will achieve. specially with dq10 in japan and lego in the usa , i think ppl are completely underestimating the wii u's short -term potential and without question its long - term potential as well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

The PS3 deserves a price cut. Then it'll really take off. 

kowenicki said:

I see the PS3 dying on its arse in Japan during this year. 

No chance. Not with the exclusives coming out for PS3 this year. It'll continue its steady sales for another year, as has been evident with the PSP.  

M.U.G.E.N said:
DaRev said:

man you are fast. I think thye will sell about the same.

Anyways, I think when Nintendo releases its games for 2013, it will warrant people picking up a new Wii U for the exclusives. Not sure we can say the same thing about PS3, (1) because I'm not sure what exclusives it has between now and E3, (2) its good holiday 2012 numbers will not continue (but I assume you can say the same about Wii U).

(not my best arguments above )

Before E3 this year?

Sly

God of War

The Last of Us

I'm sure there's more

Ok fair enough but, being a bit biased here for the sake of argument, PS3 elclusives don't sell very well and as a result don't really move systems. Case in point Resistance 3, Heavy Rain, LBP 2. Could be because of saturation of the market already with PS3s. Ultimately, Wii U has nowhere to go but up, but PS3 hs no where to go but down, after holiday 2012.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Nintendo console sales tend to be very holiday-centric. Yet last holiday, the PS3 beat the Wii U by a fairly large margin. If the Wii U can't touch the PS3 during it's best time of the year, it's going to take an even stronger beating during the first half of 2013. This is the period where the PS3 holds the strongest and Nintendo consoles tend to fall the most.

And that's just based on general hardware trends. The PS3 also has a large software advantage over the Wii U. In fact, I can't think of any big games for the Wii U - not just system sellers, but big games in general. I don't see the Wii U having a good first half.

With that said, I think the PS3 will outsell the Wii U by a large margin, but I'm not sure if it'll be double. The biggest unknown factor for me is how hard the PS3 will drop. I'm just not sure on how much exactly it will drop. We'll have to see. Without looking at data, I say the PS3 will sell 120 - 140% of whatever the Wii U sells.