By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 will double WiiU in sales until E3 (PS3 leading 4.2:1)

How will this battle end (Dec 30th-Jun 7th, vgchartz)?

PS3 will more than double WiiU sales 99 62.26%

PS3 will double WiiU sales 13 8.18%

S3 will sell ~50% more than WiiU 7 4.40%

PS3 and WiiU will sell the same (essentially) 10 6.29%

WiiU will sell 50% more than PS3 8 5.03%

WiiU will double PS3 sales 13 8.18%

Other 9 5.66%

Total:159
osed125 said:

NA will be fine imo. Lego will probably move some hardware and Pikmin 3 is in the horizon, Japan have DQX so it should also be fine. Europe is the biggest problem.

I find this LEGO game a real enigma.  For the record, I think it looks really good.

On the one hand, LEGO games always tend to sell really well.  But I also think that people aren't going to actively buy a console for one LEGO game.  I think they're more the kind of thing you pick up once you have a console, to fill some gaps in the library.

Time will tell.  It may well end up shifting some systems, but I'd be surprised if it did.  Unless there's a big marketting campaign and some bundling, in which case it wouldn't be a surprise :P

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

haha come on now man. What games in the time before E3 wiiu has compared to Gow and TLOU? The last of us especially will help move some hardware. There's a lot of anticipation behind that one. And GOW:A won't do as well as GOW3 BUT it's the sequel to the best selling hack and slash game of all time

and ps3 exclusives don't sell very well? Even if you are being biased (not a bit mind you) that's a stretch. Heck of the examples you gave Heavy Rain sold really really well. It pretty much exceeded all expectations of the game. 

And this is without bringing in third party games into the mix.....this line up absolutely slaughters the wiiu one.

Wii Fit U will move more consoles than Sly, Last of Us, and GOW combined.

Really now? Wii Fit U will move $299 consoles? I must be really underestimating it then. Time will tell. When is it launching?

Wii Fit moved 250 dollar consoles, plus a 100 dollar balance board.  Many people already own the balance board, so the cost of entry is about the same.  Never underestimate the amount of money people will spend on products that help them lose weight.  Unless Nintendo REALLY drops the ball on this one, it should move consoles.

Dunno the exact date, but it's Q1 I believe.

Ps3 exclusives before E3...

-ninokuni (awesome jrpg)
-metal gear rising (in japan its exclusive)
-Mlb 13 the show (its the only baseball game in the year, so)(its on vita too)
-sly cooper (100K+ preorder already in USA)
-god of war (must have)
-the last of us (140K+ preorder in USA, the double than uncharted 3 in the same time)
-beyond two soul (its confirmed for Q2, so, before e3...)
-etc etc etc...

3 party multi

-DMC
-Dead space 3
-Crysis 3
-GTA V
-Bioshock
- naruto UNS3
-tomb raider
-Project versus J
-one piece PW2
- etc etc etc...

Wiiu

-pickmin 3 (maybe before E3, maybe)
-Raiman legend (exellent game, but, its doing bad preorder)
-lego city undercover (very good, and very good preorder)

Its no enough

PS3 will do it

Sorry for my english, I speak spanish, but no english, so...

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

Hmmm... this is a fun one because there are some serious variables we don't know yet. Is PS3 dying? Will it decline further this coming year? What is the real demand for WiiU? With the Christmas rush over will Nintendo fans continue to pick it up as it's shipped to retail? We'll know much more in two or three weeks when we see what post-holliday drop offs are for both systems. I'll go with WiiU outselling PS3. I think it will be somewhere more than 20% but less than 50%.

well you know by now i'd have some type of prediction up, but i've got nothing. i'll agree for now cause there's currently nothing coming out for WiiU to make me think otherwise.

Around the Network

If Japan Wii U sales deflate as quickly as they could and Europe sales collapse entirely (sub 20k a week, this is quite likely as things stand now) its entirely possible.
However, I think that PS3 and 360 sales will take a drastic dive this year, in Q3 and Q4 in particular, with the likely announcment of new consoles around the Q2/Q3 transition, the Wii all but died when the Wii U was officially announced, the PS3 and 360 won't be affected quite that badly (the Wii had massive drops before the announcements as well) but will still take a major hit.

NintendoPie said:
Not unless Lego, Pikmin, and that other game releasing in Q1-ish have anything to say for it.
The Wii U should be able to keep up with the PS3. I'm not going to say sell better because then it won't due to my "luck."

Those games don't have a wide audience. The Wii U has failed to keep up with either the xbox or PS3. I can't see the wii u matching sales with it's rivals...ever. Maybe only in the fortnight of a big release but that's it.

angelocp said:

Wiiu

-pickmin 3 (maybe before E3, maybe)
-Raiman legend (exellent game, but, its doing bad preorder)
-lego city undercover (very good, and very good preorder)

Its no enough

Is that really all you think the Wii U has in the next 5 months? You know it's getting a new Wii Fit game? That both previous Wii Fit games have sold over 20 million software apiece despite requiring a peripheral?

Not to mention DQX in Japan, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Game & Wario, and a few third-party games. Plus, I'm sure there will be more games announced and released in the meantime, though I'm not "counting on them."

Mazty said:
NintendoPie said:
Not unless Lego, Pikmin, and that other game releasing in Q1-ish have anything to say for it.
The Wii U should be able to keep up with the PS3. I'm not going to say sell better because then it won't due to my "luck."

Those games don't have a wide audience. The Wii U has failed to keep up with either the xbox or PS3. I can't see the wii u matching sales with it's rivals...ever. Maybe only in the fortnight of a big release but that's it.

That's a very outlandish and untrue statement. I'm sorry, you're wrong, on all fronts.

NintendoPie said:
Mazty said:
NintendoPie said:

That's a very outlandish and untrue statement. I'm sorry, you're wrong, on all fronts.

No you're wrong on all fronts.

Seriously if you're going to make such a statement, at least give it some substance because you're not omniscient. Lego is a childs toy. Pikmin is an old Nintendo franchise. Not exactly CoD are they?